ALL >> Education >> View Article
Copywriting Secrets Behind The Da Vinci Code And Lost
Total Articles: 34
I spent a few hours over the weekend watching the TV series, LOST. And man oh man... do I love the script writing on that show.
Because it has me constantly wanting to know what's coming next. It goes from scene to scene... leaving you on 'cliff-hanger' after 'cliff-hanger.'
It's similar, really... to the way Dan Brown, the author of Da Vinci code and 3 other best sellers (Deception Point, Angels and Demons and Digital Fortress) writes.
He goes from chapter to chapter. At the end of chapter 3... he'll leave you wanting to know what's going to happen next. Then he'll 'shift gears' and move onto another aspect of the story in chapter 4. At the end of chapter 4... you're not only interested in what's happening next for chapter 3, but you're also interested in what's next in chapter 4. In short, he's got you on the line - you're caught - hook, line and sinker!
So how can you use this little secret when writing ads and sales letters?
Here's an example:
Top business people know it's not enough to be exceptionally good at what they do. They know they must also get their name in front of their customers. Let's be honest. What good is it to have the best 'mousetrap' if nobody ever hears about it?
But don't worry. There is now a new way for a business person to get exposure to their clients... for pennies on the dollar. And... you'll learn about it in a few minutes. But first... here is something else you should be aware of...
Notice how the little piece of copy above made a HUGE promise... and then moves onto another subject... leaving you holding on... reading every word of the letter... waiting anxiously to learn the secret 'in a few minutes.
Here's another example:
It's a strange situation, isn't it? There are people all over the country who want the exact product you're trying to sell... and... there's no cost effective way of getting your message across to them.
There is now a solution to this problem. But first... let's talk about what you, as a business person, should never even think about doing...
You'll notice here that we've promised a solution to their problem. And then digressed to another thing we want to talk about within the sales letter.
Interesting stuff, isn't it? It's simple psychology. Try telling your husband, wife or partner that you have a secret... but you'll have to wait until the end of the week before you let them in on it.
Odds are they'll be desperate to know... and curious about what they're about to discover.
All for now.
Education Articles1. Insight Of The Key Benefits Of Corporate Training
2. Which Are The Best Engineering Courses In India 2017?
3. Essay On Drug Crime Investigation
Author: jackson bird
4. Dyslexia Software Ready For Windows 10s - Ghotit Dyslexia
5. Fishy Things That Nobody Told You About Tax Accountant In Rockdale
Author: Austin Loader
6. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh, Mohali India
7. Sap Online Training By Learn It Training
Author: Learn IT Training, Hyderabad Based Online Training
8. Prepare Your Child With Summer Tutoring Programs
Author: TAS New York
9. Engineers Have The Ability To Change The World
Author: ponting brown
10. Which Are The Best Engineering And Architecture Courses In The Construction Industry?
11. Past Responsive Webdesign: Tomorrows Technology
Author: Learn web designing course Bangalore, Infocampus i
12. Explore, Learn, Construct & Grow With Cept University
Author: cept university
13. Best Advice You Could Ever Get About Taking Online Classes
Author: Benjamin Williams
14. Numerical Simulation Of Flow Ower Flat - Sloped Stepped Spillway
15. How To Improve Academic Performance: 5 Things You’re Forgetting To Do
Author: Todd Manning