ALL >> Education >> View Article
Copywriting Secrets Behind The Da Vinci Code And Lost
Total Articles: 34
I spent a few hours over the weekend watching the TV series, LOST. And man oh man... do I love the script writing on that show.
Because it has me constantly wanting to know what's coming next. It goes from scene to scene... leaving you on 'cliff-hanger' after 'cliff-hanger.'
It's similar, really... to the way Dan Brown, the author of Da Vinci code and 3 other best sellers (Deception Point, Angels and Demons and Digital Fortress) writes.
He goes from chapter to chapter. At the end of chapter 3... he'll leave you wanting to know what's going to happen next. Then he'll 'shift gears' and move onto another aspect of the story in chapter 4. At the end of chapter 4... you're not only interested in what's happening next for chapter 3, but you're also interested in what's next in chapter 4. In short, he's got you on the line - you're caught - hook, line and sinker!
So how can you use this little secret when writing ads and sales letters?
Here's an example:
Top business people know it's not enough to be exceptionally good at what they do. They know they must also get their name in front of their customers. Let's be honest. What good is it to have the best 'mousetrap' if nobody ever hears about it?
But don't worry. There is now a new way for a business person to get exposure to their clients... for pennies on the dollar. And... you'll learn about it in a few minutes. But first... here is something else you should be aware of...
Notice how the little piece of copy above made a HUGE promise... and then moves onto another subject... leaving you holding on... reading every word of the letter... waiting anxiously to learn the secret 'in a few minutes.
Here's another example:
It's a strange situation, isn't it? There are people all over the country who want the exact product you're trying to sell... and... there's no cost effective way of getting your message across to them.
There is now a solution to this problem. But first... let's talk about what you, as a business person, should never even think about doing...
You'll notice here that we've promised a solution to their problem. And then digressed to another thing we want to talk about within the sales letter.
Interesting stuff, isn't it? It's simple psychology. Try telling your husband, wife or partner that you have a secret... but you'll have to wait until the end of the week before you let them in on it.
Odds are they'll be desperate to know... and curious about what they're about to discover.
All for now.
Education Articles1. Sas Base Training Program: A Way For Bright Career As Data Scientist
2. Attend Iit Jee Classes Regularly
Author: Arpita Classes
3. Difference Between Interface And Abstract Class In Java
4. Introduction To Cisco Ios Software
5. Everything Has A Story
Author: JBM Global School
6. Before You Pick Have A Detailed Idea About The Chinese Courses Offered
Author: Michel Kern
7. How Data Science Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career Growth?
8. Why Is Operations Management Necessary For Every Business?
9. Why Do Students Prefer Studying Mbbs In Russia
Author: Nitesh Sharma
10. Opened | Redhat Rhce Certified Training And Exam In Opened | Redhat Rhcsa Certification Training In
Author: Surya R.J
11. No.1 Redhat Training And Exam Centre| Rhce Exam | Rhcsa | Rhce
Author: Surya R.J
12. Understanding The Difference Between Electronics And Electrical Engineering
Author: MIT AOE
13. 5 Reasons Behind Expensive Schooling In India
Author: Tuition India
14. How To Select The Right Digital Marketing Institute?
Author: Aditi Singh
15. Inplant Training
Author: neralya sri