ALL >> Education >> View Article
Get Your Copywriting Career Started Fast - Without Any Contacts, Testimonials
Total Articles: 34
One of the biggest questions new freelance copywriters have is, "How do you get that first client when everyone wants to see a "portfolio" of your stuff and a list of people who will vouch for you?"
Well, besides trying some of the more "mainstream" ways -- such as using auction-type services, sending offers around your home town, networking, etc -- there is a little-known way to get started few people know about...or are willing to do.
And even though it takes a lot of guts and confidence in your abilities -- and will stretch you way out of your "comfort zone" -- it'll improve your skills by leaps and bounds...and spare you the inconvenience and hassle of licking anyone's boots to get those first few assignments.
Listen to this:
The way I got started -- and you can do the same thing today -- was joining an email group full of entrepreneurs and business owners.
These groups (which you can find ALL over the Web) are one of the best kept secrets on the Internet. Especially if you're just starting out, looking for that first gig to "jump start" your career.
Here's why: The one I joined was nothing more than a big email forum, where you're encouraged to introduce yourself, tell everyone what you do...and even submit an offer to the entire list.
True, you could do this at any online forum, especially if they have a section for joint ventures and special offers. The only problem is...the majority of people reading those sections are submitting offers, not necessarily looking for offers.
But with an online group everyone on the list gets emailed your offer...and thus, sees it. And since they only send out about 4 or 5 offers and introductions at a time, there's a good chance most people will see your offer.
Obviously, for someone just starting out as a copywriter, wanting to get their "feet wet", it serves as an invaluable tool.
Now, here's I used it to get started:
When I introduced myself, I included an offer to write copy in exchange for 5% of the gross sales. No upfront fees, no binding contracts and no strings attached. I was basically writing for "free" in a sense.
Did it work?
Well, let's put it this way:
That very same day alone...I got over a dozen responses. And in the end, I managed to get 4 or 5 quality jobs out of the deal...gain a ton of "real world" experience...build a decent portfolio...and learn an awful lot about the business side of copywriting (i.e. dealing with clients).
And you know what?
You can do the exact same thing. Plus, if you deal with the right people...and work hard enough...you could very well end up collecting a few checks along the way.
Education Articles1. 5 Reasons To Take Online Pmp Certification Training
Author: Shakir Ali
2. Understanding Your Teenager During The High School Years
3. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Delhi/ncr
Author: vartika maurya
4. Understand The Value Of Aws Professional Level Certification
5. Prominence Of Hadoop Course Training
6. Play School Franchise From Wow Kids Provides An Opportunity To Run The School Meeting International
7. How Is Your Child’s P.q Positivity Quotient?
Author: Amites Kumar Gaurav
8. Online Quran Recitation & Reading
9. Sap Training | Sap Online Courses By Professionals From Learn It Training
Author: Venkat Reddy
10. China : The New Buzzword Among Overseas Education Consultants In India
Author: choice overseas
11. Pros Of Joining Prestigious Neet Coaching In Bhopal
Author: Pankaj Kumar
12. Selenium Web Driver Features
Author: Siyaram Ray
13. Join The Online Quran Program
14. 5 Citation Tips From Research Paper Helpers Of Uk
Author: Elijah Simpson is an academic writer
15. Why Mbbs Admission In Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth?
Author: Rakesh Shinde