ALL >> Education >> View Article
Get Your Copywriting Career Started Fast - Without Any Contacts, Testimonials
Total Articles: 34
One of the biggest questions new freelance copywriters have is, "How do you get that first client when everyone wants to see a "portfolio" of your stuff and a list of people who will vouch for you?"
Well, besides trying some of the more "mainstream" ways -- such as using auction-type services, sending offers around your home town, networking, etc -- there is a little-known way to get started few people know about...or are willing to do.
And even though it takes a lot of guts and confidence in your abilities -- and will stretch you way out of your "comfort zone" -- it'll improve your skills by leaps and bounds...and spare you the inconvenience and hassle of licking anyone's boots to get those first few assignments.
Listen to this:
The way I got started -- and you can do the same thing today -- was joining an email group full of entrepreneurs and business owners.
These groups (which you can find ALL over the Web) are one of the best kept secrets on the Internet. Especially if you're just starting out, looking for that first gig to "jump start" your career.
Here's why: The one I joined was nothing more than a big email forum, where you're encouraged to introduce yourself, tell everyone what you do...and even submit an offer to the entire list.
True, you could do this at any online forum, especially if they have a section for joint ventures and special offers. The only problem is...the majority of people reading those sections are submitting offers, not necessarily looking for offers.
But with an online group everyone on the list gets emailed your offer...and thus, sees it. And since they only send out about 4 or 5 offers and introductions at a time, there's a good chance most people will see your offer.
Obviously, for someone just starting out as a copywriter, wanting to get their "feet wet", it serves as an invaluable tool.
Now, here's I used it to get started:
When I introduced myself, I included an offer to write copy in exchange for 5% of the gross sales. No upfront fees, no binding contracts and no strings attached. I was basically writing for "free" in a sense.
Did it work?
Well, let's put it this way:
That very same day alone...I got over a dozen responses. And in the end, I managed to get 4 or 5 quality jobs out of the deal...gain a ton of "real world" experience...build a decent portfolio...and learn an awful lot about the business side of copywriting (i.e. dealing with clients).
And you know what?
You can do the exact same thing. Plus, if you deal with the right people...and work hard enough...you could very well end up collecting a few checks along the way.
Education Articles1. Qtp Training
Author: SVR TECHNOLOGIES
2. Educating Your Children In The Right Process With An Effective Preschool Education
Author: Lyn Connolly
3. Oracle Fusion Financials Overview – All Need To Know!
4. Top 5 Advantages Of Distance Mba Learning
5. How To Choose The Best Computer Programming Training Course For You
6. Software Training Institutes In Bangalore
Author: first enquiry
7. Welcome To Bangladesh Medical College
Author: Jeson Roy
8. What Is Java And Why To Learn Java?
9. Why Should You Hire Us To Complete Your Online Assignments
Author: Mark Giaccone
10. Benefits Of Aws Certification
Author: Amit Novelvista
11. Digital Marketing Course Training Center In Hyderabad With Google Cert
Author: NIDM Hyderabad
12. Swift: A New Programming Language Developed By Apple
13. How To Stay Committed In An Online Course
Author: Tom Greenfield
14. Top 4 Reasons To Choose Data Science Training
15. Enhance The Possibility Of Reaching Wide Group Of Audience
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni