ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Web Application Firewall Technology To Protect Business
Total Articles: 6
Nowadays, the landscape of information exchange and delivery has changed drastically. Web-based applications and services have streamlined the process of information exchange and have enhanced operational efficiency and productivity. Businesses rely on web-based applications for better integration and exchange of information. What remains unchanged is the vulnerability of information on the web.
Competitors and hackers can attack a victim's organizational assets that can cause severe repercussions on the business. It is beyond the reach of traditional network-based security products to prevent cyber attacks. Internet firewall has simplified the process to protect valuable information assets. Traditional security technologies that were initially used are network firewalls, outbound content filtering, anti-malware gateways and intrusion prevention systems.
In order to deal with web-based traffic, the advance next-generation firewalls are deployed. The unified threat management protect organizations against online blended threats like, spam, intrusions, virus, trojans and other online frauds. To prevent web application attack, wide arrays of functions are employed to work in-sync with perimeter firewall and IPS technology. Primarily, firewalls mainly block attacks hidden by HTTPS encryption, ensure appropriate application operation and page logic flow and provide URL normalization and scanning.
Role of Web Application Firewall Technology:
Prevents custom web attacks: The firewall must recognize the protected applications and identify security changes without the need of any manual input to prevent custom web attacks.
Provide up-to-date protection: Hackers come up with new tools and develop new techniques to attack businesses. The firewall must have state-of-the-art protection to address web-based threats and should identify virus attacks and unauthorized intrusions.
Block web-attacks and not valid traffic: The firewall should contain an analytic engine to identify multiple attack indicators. The unique security system should identify if there is any violation and perform necessary analysis to distinguish between malicious requests and valid traffic
Prevent automated attacks: Cyber crime is no more limited to hacking. It has turned out to be an industry in itself. Vulnerable sites can be easily identified by cyber criminals. The firewall should protect automated attacks such as, comment spam, vulnerability scans and site scraping.
Identify malicious sources and sites: Hackers use unidentified proxies or Tor networks to hide their identity. A firewall must identify malicious sources and sites and detect access from unidentified proxies.
Apply security measures for application vulnerabilities: Most of the web applications have vulnerabilities. It takes more than a month to fix such loopholes. The firewall should have a defense mechanism such as HTTP protocol validation in place to check such issues.
Remove fraud malware: A firewall must be powerful enough to tackle the fraud malware. The security application must be able to analyze web traffic patterns and end-user behavior to identify malware infection.
For more details read Cyberoam.com.
Computers Articles1. Why To Move It Consulting In Miami And Your Career Towards Tech
Author: ITSupport Managers
2. Activate Norton Antivirus |+1-855-550-9333
Author: alissa silver
3. Installation Or Upgrade Of New Operating Systems.| Dataalign
4. Avail Data Recovery Milwaukee Services To Restore Data From Failed Hard Drives
5. What’s The Difference Between Office 365 And Office 2016?
Author: Karim Salem
6. How To Protect Your Dell Computers From Viruses.
7. Find The Ultimate Laptop Screen Repair In Mumbai
Author: Mike Rakhangi
8. Avail It Support Waukesha To Maintain Your Computer Systems In Best Condition
9. Online Use Of Practice Management Software For Physiotherapists In Australia
Author: Ben C
10. Dell Laptop Does Not Boot Or Hangs Periodically.| Call +1(888)784-9316
11. Business Process Automation As A Service For Organizations In Today’s World
12. 5 Reasons To Choose Universal Laser Service For Cutting, Engraving And Marking
Author: Rob Hibbs
13. Why Companies Are Using It Managed Services
14. How Cloud Security Be Contributed To The Safety Of Your Business
15. Healthcare It Solutions – Many Advantages