ALL >> Travel >> View Article
The Importance Of School Travel
Total Articles: 14
Perhaps the most obvious reason for taking students on a trip is that it will help to spark their interest in a topic. There are things to learn which are not all written down in textbooks, and experts can share their knowledge of a subject whilst students explore things first hand. If you're teaching a subject which seems to be draining and boring to your students, a trip will certainly perk them up and help them to see the interesting side of things, and will also make the subject easier on them. We all remember those boring lessons where we spent the whole time looking at the clock, and how much of a relief it was when we got a break from them.
When students are in the same environment every day, listening to their teacher talk or reading from a textbook, there isn't a lot there to help them remember more than just a few key facts from each lesson. However, on a school trip, you are breaking that routine and letting them have fun in a new and exciting place. They will be able to learn from experts and will remember much more from the day through memorable events than they will from a lesson in the classroom.
Taking students somewhere they haven't been before gives them the chance to see more of the world and explore and discover more things. Some children are more fortunate than others, and some may not have the opportunity to travel outside of school. School travel is extremely beneficial to these children, but every child will benefit from exploring a new place in an educational environment.
4. Ability to learn
Not every child learns in the same way. Some learn by listening (auditory), some learn by seeing (visual), and some learn by doing (kinaesthetic). Those students who learn by doing might find that in a classroom environment, their needs are not fully satisfied, as they are mainly listening, reading and writing. By taking students on a trip, you can satisfy the needs of all learners, allowing them to see and listen, as well as experience things hands on.
School travel encourages students to learn independently, as they have the opportunity to go off on their own and collect data about a topic. This way, they can focus on things which they find interesting, making the information more memorable to them. They will also have the opportunity to build upon t heir existing life skills, learning about health and safety, respecting their surroundings, socialising with classmates in a relevant and productive way and using their initiative. Whilst in a classroom students are told what to learn, on a trip, they can focus on what they themselves want to learn and develop their individual skills.
Travel Articles1. Reduce Your Cost Of Travel With Cheap Flight Deals
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
2. Are You Looking For Bali Holiday Packages
Author: John Weds
3. International Shimla Summer Festival
4. New Zealand Work Permit Consultants
Author: Oasis Resource Management
5. 9 Naturally Beautiful But Uncommon Places To Visit In Delhi
Author: jagjit singh
6. How To Search A Good Taxi Service In Udaipur
7. Travel Technology Solutions Can Help Your Business Grow!
Author: Glenn Dean
8. 6 Doubts About Work Visa To Be Cleared By You
Author: Jason Briggs
9. Best Monsoon Treks In Nepal
Author: Basanta Limbu
10. Enjoy Trekking In Beautiful Destination To Make Your Vacation Joyful
11. Rejoice Well By Planning To Upper Mustang Trekking Anytime
12. Perto Princesa: Home Of The Longest Underground River
13. Take The Better Trekking Experience In Nepal Region
14. Delightful And Adventurous Upper Mustang Trek For This Vacation
15. Fairy Tale Worthy Honeymoon Experiences With Car Service Of Sacramento
Author: Enny Lee