ALL >> General >> View Article
Water Efficient Landscaping In Miami
Total Articles: 452
Miami-Dade County's Water Conservation Program encourages all homeowners in Miami to choose plants naturally suited to the climate and typical rainfall in Florida. Florida-friendly landscaping has many advantages, as using native plants helps to conserve water, reduce fertilizer and pest control and more. If these benefits sound like they're right up your alley, contact a company specializing in landscaping in Miami to help you select Florida-friendly plants for your lawn or business.
The Miami-Dade County Water Conservation Program
The county's water conservation program will certify your yard once you meet the minimum requirements for a Florida-friendly law. This certification gives you a sign you can display in your yard, but you'll also enjoy the knowledge that you're doing what you can to protect the environment while also saving yourself considerable money on Miami lawn service, from fertilization and regular watering to pruning and pest control.
To meet the requirements, get the help of a landscaping Miami company to help you select plants that are not found on the UF/IFAS Assessment Prohibited list. Your landscaping will also need at least 5 species of plants with grass clippings left on the lawn after mowing. Fertilizer must not be applied when heavy rain is expected and any roof runoff is directed to the landscaping. Your Miami landscaping must also appear actively managed with appropriate pruning, defined landscaping beds and landscaping that matches the aesthetics of your community with properly disposed of debris.
The county also offers tips for a water-efficient garden that applies to all of South Florida, including Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Plants should be well suited to every specific area to use minimal fertilizer, pesticides and water. Irrigation should be used only when the lawn and landscaping need water to avoid wasting limited resources and the less fertilizer applied, the better. Overuse of fertilizer can damage the environment, as well as your lawn, so you may want to contact a Fort Lauderdale lawn service company to provide regular fertilization on a schedule.
Mulch should be applied in a 2-3 inch layer to retain soil moisture, suppress weeds and help to prevent erosion while plants should provide food, shelter and water to attract natural wildlife. Any grass clippings and trimmings should be recycled on-site to put the nutrients back in the soil.
The Importance of Design
Finally, design is one of the most important things that aids in water conservation. If you'd like ideas for water-efficient landscaping, Miami has many landscaping companies that can help you create a specific plan for your lawn including grass and plant selection, layout, accent features, irrigation plants, a maintenance routine and more.
With South Florida's poor soil conditions and high heat, it may seem impossible to maintain a beautiful landscape on your property. Fortunately, choosing drought-tolerant and local plants will keep your lawn looking beautiful and minimize maintenance in the long run.
General Articles1. The 5 Biggest Mistakes You Can Easily Avoid While Repairing Your Air Conditioner!
2. Riyaz Hassanali Is An Expert Cosmetic Surgeon Offering Best Treatment Procedures For Patients
3. New Trending List Of Ios App Development Companies
4. Understanding Intelligent Video Management Software
5. Quick Fix For Inserting Shoton Oneplus Tags
6. What Are The Features And Specification Of Edm 830 System?
7. Important Qualities Of A Photobooth Company
Author: William is the author of this article
8. Instantfuns Platform With New H5 Releases Mythic Fantasy
9. Celebrate The Height Of Pre-wedding Fun With Party Bus Rentals Near Me
Author: David WILSON
10. Online Birthday Gifts Same Day Delivery
11. Emergency Dentist - Need Of An Emergency
Author: Dr. Peter Lam
12. Zox Pro Training - Speed Reading | Faster Learning
Author: Shannon Panzo
13. Event Recruitment Made Easy Through Online Staffing Solutions Portal, Professionate
14. Online Shopping Is Quite Safe & Beneficial! Don’t Miss Out Everyday Deals
15. Worried About Bad Credit? You May Still Get A Small Business Loan In 2018
Author: Ankit Shrivastavaa