ALL >> General >> View Article
Water Efficient Landscaping In Miami
Total Articles: 452
Miami-Dade County's Water Conservation Program encourages all homeowners in Miami to choose plants naturally suited to the climate and typical rainfall in Florida. Florida-friendly landscaping has many advantages, as using native plants helps to conserve water, reduce fertilizer and pest control and more. If these benefits sound like they're right up your alley, contact a company specializing in landscaping in Miami to help you select Florida-friendly plants for your lawn or business.
The Miami-Dade County Water Conservation Program
The county's water conservation program will certify your yard once you meet the minimum requirements for a Florida-friendly law. This certification gives you a sign you can display in your yard, but you'll also enjoy the knowledge that you're doing what you can to protect the environment while also saving yourself considerable money on Miami lawn service, from fertilization and regular watering to pruning and pest control.
To meet the requirements, get the help of a landscaping Miami company to help you select plants that are not found on the UF/IFAS Assessment Prohibited list. Your landscaping will also need at least 5 species of plants with grass clippings left on the lawn after mowing. Fertilizer must not be applied when heavy rain is expected and any roof runoff is directed to the landscaping. Your Miami landscaping must also appear actively managed with appropriate pruning, defined landscaping beds and landscaping that matches the aesthetics of your community with properly disposed of debris.
The county also offers tips for a water-efficient garden that applies to all of South Florida, including Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Plants should be well suited to every specific area to use minimal fertilizer, pesticides and water. Irrigation should be used only when the lawn and landscaping need water to avoid wasting limited resources and the less fertilizer applied, the better. Overuse of fertilizer can damage the environment, as well as your lawn, so you may want to contact a Fort Lauderdale lawn service company to provide regular fertilization on a schedule.
Mulch should be applied in a 2-3 inch layer to retain soil moisture, suppress weeds and help to prevent erosion while plants should provide food, shelter and water to attract natural wildlife. Any grass clippings and trimmings should be recycled on-site to put the nutrients back in the soil.
The Importance of Design
Finally, design is one of the most important things that aids in water conservation. If you'd like ideas for water-efficient landscaping, Miami has many landscaping companies that can help you create a specific plan for your lawn including grass and plant selection, layout, accent features, irrigation plants, a maintenance routine and more.
With South Florida's poor soil conditions and high heat, it may seem impossible to maintain a beautiful landscape on your property. Fortunately, choosing drought-tolerant and local plants will keep your lawn looking beautiful and minimize maintenance in the long run.
General Articles1. Weed For Sale Online
2. 4 Most Important Tips For Fire Safety – The Safety Master
3. Why Investing In Promotional Bluetooth Speakers Is A Great Idea?
Author: Neo Martin
4. Digital And Screen Printing In Dubai, Lanyard Printing In Sharjah
6. How To Become A Profitable Magnesium Oxide Manufacturer?
Author: hu Allen
7. Purchase A Good Quality Stroller For Your Large Dog!
8. Get Instant Information Technology Assignment Help From Experts
9. Popular Elements Of Jewelry This Year@thereal.su
10. Personality Customization Pk Product Diamond Jewelry Who Will Win@thereal.su
11. Buy Brand Diamond Ring The Uneconomic@thereal.su
12. Watch Has Several Important Considerations In Process Indicators@thereal.su
13. Graff Diamonds Of Wang Xin Wrist Watch@thereal.su
14. The Home Inspection Nyc Can Help To Maintain Good Living Conditions In Your Home
15. Wodurch Die Armreifen Wu's Farbenfrohes Kleid Schmeicheln