ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Installation Tips From Home Repair Experts On Removing And Replacing Vinyl Sidings
Total Articles: 2
If your vinyl siding become warped, damaged or stained overtime, the exterior parts of your house need to have a facelift. Removing and replacing old vinyl siding could be really stressing, particularly if you have no idea how to replace it with something new. There are many people that are looking for home repair experts St. Louis MO to replace their vinyl sidings. These people wanted to beautify their homes but are lacking time for installing their own Sidings. You can actually install your own sidings, , with the proper knowledge, tools and time; you can remove your vinyl sidings and replace it with just simple DIY project. Read this article to know how to remove and replace your vinyl Sidings.
Before you start working on removing and replacing vinyl sidings, here are the tools you need in the process, it is important to have these tools ready, in order for you to save time from walking around and looking for tools.
• Zip tool
• Flat bar
• Utility knife
• Pry bar
• Step ladder
• Tape measure
• Tool belt
Materials needed for this project
• Aluminum flashing
• Building paper
Removing vinyl Siding
1. Prepare your area
• Clean any obstacles or debris that may interfere with the use of your ladder.
• Provide yourself with enough space where you can handle and modify different sections of the siding. Relocate any patio or furniture near you.
2. Locate the section of sidings that needs to be remove
• You will need a zip tool for removing the siding
• Slide the zip tool under the butt edge of the siding, hook the locking edge and pull it down.
• Slide the horizontal tool horizontally along the lock to release
• Before you pull the nails, draw a line on the wall along the top of each siding.
• Drive a flat bar between the nail heads and carefully pull the nail.
• Slide the piece down to unlock and remove it. Number each siding and set it aside,
• Remove the siding until you expose enough walls to replace the window.
3. Remove the anchoring nails by pulling them
• Work from left to right and be careful to not skip any nails.
• Take off the unanchored piece of siding and dispose of it properly.
• Repeat the process row by row to remove all section of the vinyl siding.
Installing new vinyl Siding
1. Building paper and window flashing
• You need to level and tack the new window in place, then you need to cut of the aluminum flashing to width so that it would extend from the new window to partly cover the nailing hem of the siding below.
• Slide in side flashing under the window’s nailing fin. You need to make sure that the flashing laps over the bottom flashing.
• Slit the building paper about 2 inches above the window and slide the flashing behind it. Lit it over the side flashing and window nailing fin.
2. Install J-channel around the window
• Cut a section of new j-channel 2 in longer than the width of the window.
• Mark out a 1 inch from each of its end and deeply score the inner cutting line using a utility knife.
• Make the two cuts with snips. Bend the tab to snap it off.
• Position the j-channel under the window, position an under sill trim if necessary.
• Cut the side J-channel 2 inches longer than the height of the window. Lap the side over the bottom. Put roofing nails every 8 to 10 inches.
• Cut 45-degree miters in the side J-channel
• Cut J-channel for the top of the window using the same method
3. Install the Siding
• Position the siding to be notched below the window. Mar it on each side of the window allowing an extra ¼ gap on each side for expansion. Measure from the locking tab of the siding below to the under sill trim to determine its depth.
• Cut the siding to fit under window, cut the nailing hem with shears then score deeply along the rip line using a utility knife.
• Position the notches piece under the window, slide it into the under sill trim and push the butt edge against the locking tab
• Make sure the top edge is on the layout lines.
• Drive the nail so that the shank equals the thickness of two layers of siding. Remember to gave 1/8 spacer
• Measure and notch the top piece of siding over the window, put a butt joint above the window to make it easier to install the final pieces
• Lock the piece to the one below it then nail it to the pace.
Installing the siding may take time particularly if you are slow in cutting and installing of the sidings to the sides of the window. It is better to ask for professional help in installing the sidings because they can install the sidings faster without any materials being wasted with the wrong cut of sidings. If you wanted to have your vinyl sidings installed by yourself, always remember to take care whenever you are working with heights and make sure that you are focused with your work.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Know About Interior Sliding Glass Doors For The Modern Home Or Office?
Author: Lyle Ganske
2. Tips And Tricks For Perth Kitchen Renovations
Author: the maker
3. Tropical Flowers: 4 Reasons Why They Make A Good Choice
Author: Tom Robinson
4. What To Watch Out For When Water Damage Occurs
Author: ServiceMaster by Wright
5. Key Factors That You Should Consider Choosing Emergency Plumber
Author: Bryson Kaleb
6. How To Buy The Right Bed Mattress Under Your Budget?
Author: Harish Chauhan
7. How To Choose The Best Window Blinds For Home Improvement
Author: Impress Blinds
8. The Increasing Importance Of Plant Protection & Its Approaches
Author: Paul Gooderham
9. How To Decrease Your Landscape Maintenance Hassle
Author: Brodie Clogstoun
10. Fall Maintenance Tips For Your Fauquier Horse Barn
Author: Bryson Kaleb
11. Pest Control For Saving Homes And Furniture Becomes Digitally Enhanced
Author: Jordan Romilly
12. Thinking Of Putting Up A Fence? Have A Look At Its Variants At First
Author: Michael Gilmore
13. Ways How You Can Save Your Roof From Premature Death
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
14. Why To Hire Experts When You Plan To Buy A Property?
Author: Adam Leworthy
15. Important Criteria For Choosing A Horse Barn Shed
Author: Bryson Kaleb