ALL >> Education >> View Article
How To Write Money-making Copy
Total Articles: 34
In writing copy that pays the bills, writers need to be aware of the importance of research, the supremacy of 'the offer', and the necessity of clarifying the response mechanism. That puts them one step closer to writing money-making copy!
Once writers have laid the groundwork, there are three more steps to follow:
1. Decide concept and format. What's your slant? If, for example, you're promoting a book about controlling blood sugar, do you go the serious 'diabetes health report' route? The indulgent 'eat anything you want - even sweet desserts' route? Perhaps the 'Glycemic index' slant? How about the vanity/weight loss approach? (Here is where you use your research to determine prevailing consumer interests.)
Will your copy be long-form-full-disclosure, short and teasing, or a mixture of both? Deciding your point of view and format up front make it easier for you to craft copy that speaks to the consumer in the way that will make them place the order. Use the research or test results from previous rollouts to figure out what they respond to best, and write in that style. Speaking of which...
2. WRITE, WRITE, WRITE. The copy is the single most important element. Shoddy copy usually results in suppressed response. In addition to the offer you also need to focus on benefits. The question you're answering is 'What's in it for me?' This is what every prospect/buyer wants to know.
Other vital elements are:
powerful headline and sub-heads
scannable copy with lots of white space for easy reading
People often only read headlines and bolded copy, so make sure that your headlines and subheads tell a cohesive, compelling story on their own. Make sure your call to action is prominent and powerful. Dumb it down. Use complex words for your novel. For direct mail, keep them short and sweet: call, free, gift, order, phone, now, today, free, free, free. Did I mention free?
3. Rinse and repeat. So your campaign rolled out, the orders rolled in, you cashed your cheque, and now you're on to the next client. They need the deliverables yesterday. (Isn't that always the case?) The great thing is, you now have a winning format/formula that you can apply to multiple jobs.
This is not an excuse to get lazy - the copy must still be snappy, zingy, on-brand, and on-strategy. But there's nothing better than knowing you have a template to follow when it's the midnight before your full copy deck is due...and you haven't yet started. In this case, repetition is good.
Education Articles1. Data Science Is Increasing Extensively And It Is Everywhere
2. Why I Should Join Digital Marketing Training In Bhopal
Author: Sanjay Burman
3. How To Write Pertinent Assignments
Author: Jessica Gross
4. Digital Marketing Trend In 2018
Author: TOPS Technologies
5. Top 10 Digital Marketing Tools
Author: Learn Vern
6. Latest Cisco 200-125 Exam Dumps 2018
7. Simple Mule Esb Interview Questions |bytes Online Training
Author: Rahul Tandale
8. The Right Place To Get Your Get Your Engineering Degree
Author: ponting brown
9. Open Gateways To Your Dream Mba Programmes At Symbiosis With Snap!
Author: Mohan Patil
10. Optimising Keywords With Seo Training Institute In Mumbai
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
11. Empower Your Skills With Ethical Hacking Training Program
12. Learn Web Designing Courses In Chandigarh
Author: James Digosta
13. Different Courses And Programmes Of Learning Chinese Language.
Author: Michel Kern
14. How To Install Windows On A Mac With Boot Camp (boot Camp Software)
15. What Should You Do When Receive A Message “macro Is Disabled Due To Security Settings?”
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy