ALL >> Education >> View Article
How To Write Money-making Copy
Total Articles: 34
In writing copy that pays the bills, writers need to be aware of the importance of research, the supremacy of 'the offer', and the necessity of clarifying the response mechanism. That puts them one step closer to writing money-making copy!
Once writers have laid the groundwork, there are three more steps to follow:
1. Decide concept and format. What's your slant? If, for example, you're promoting a book about controlling blood sugar, do you go the serious 'diabetes health report' route? The indulgent 'eat anything you want - even sweet desserts' route? Perhaps the 'Glycemic index' slant? How about the vanity/weight loss approach? (Here is where you use your research to determine prevailing consumer interests.)
Will your copy be long-form-full-disclosure, short and teasing, or a mixture of both? Deciding your point of view and format up front make it easier for you to craft copy that speaks to the consumer in the way that will make them place the order. Use the research or test results from previous rollouts to figure out what they respond to best, and write in that style. Speaking of which...
2. WRITE, WRITE, WRITE. The copy is the single most important element. Shoddy copy usually results in suppressed response. In addition to the offer you also need to focus on benefits. The question you're answering is 'What's in it for me?' This is what every prospect/buyer wants to know.
Other vital elements are:
powerful headline and sub-heads
scannable copy with lots of white space for easy reading
People often only read headlines and bolded copy, so make sure that your headlines and subheads tell a cohesive, compelling story on their own. Make sure your call to action is prominent and powerful. Dumb it down. Use complex words for your novel. For direct mail, keep them short and sweet: call, free, gift, order, phone, now, today, free, free, free. Did I mention free?
3. Rinse and repeat. So your campaign rolled out, the orders rolled in, you cashed your cheque, and now you're on to the next client. They need the deliverables yesterday. (Isn't that always the case?) The great thing is, you now have a winning format/formula that you can apply to multiple jobs.
This is not an excuse to get lazy - the copy must still be snappy, zingy, on-brand, and on-strategy. But there's nothing better than knowing you have a template to follow when it's the midnight before your full copy deck is due...and you haven't yet started. In this case, repetition is good.
Education Articles1. 5 Reasons To Take Online Pmp Certification Training
Author: Shakir Ali
2. Understanding Your Teenager During The High School Years
3. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Delhi/ncr
Author: vartika maurya
4. Understand The Value Of Aws Professional Level Certification
5. Prominence Of Hadoop Course Training
6. Play School Franchise From Wow Kids Provides An Opportunity To Run The School Meeting International
7. How Is Your Child’s P.q Positivity Quotient?
Author: Amites Kumar Gaurav
8. Online Quran Recitation & Reading
9. Sap Training | Sap Online Courses By Professionals From Learn It Training
Author: Venkat Reddy
10. China : The New Buzzword Among Overseas Education Consultants In India
Author: choice overseas
11. Pros Of Joining Prestigious Neet Coaching In Bhopal
Author: Pankaj Kumar
12. Selenium Web Driver Features
Author: Siyaram Ray
13. Join The Online Quran Program
14. 5 Citation Tips From Research Paper Helpers Of Uk
Author: Elijah Simpson is an academic writer
15. Why Mbbs Admission In Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth?
Author: Rakesh Shinde