ALL >> Education >> View Article
How To Write Money-making Copy
Total Articles: 34
In writing copy that pays the bills, writers need to be aware of the importance of research, the supremacy of 'the offer', and the necessity of clarifying the response mechanism. That puts them one step closer to writing money-making copy!
Once writers have laid the groundwork, there are three more steps to follow:
1. Decide concept and format. What's your slant? If, for example, you're promoting a book about controlling blood sugar, do you go the serious 'diabetes health report' route? The indulgent 'eat anything you want - even sweet desserts' route? Perhaps the 'Glycemic index' slant? How about the vanity/weight loss approach? (Here is where you use your research to determine prevailing consumer interests.)
Will your copy be long-form-full-disclosure, short and teasing, or a mixture of both? Deciding your point of view and format up front make it easier for you to craft copy that speaks to the consumer in the way that will make them place the order. Use the research or test results from previous rollouts to figure out what they respond to best, and write in that style. Speaking of which...
2. WRITE, WRITE, WRITE. The copy is the single most important element. Shoddy copy usually results in suppressed response. In addition to the offer you also need to focus on benefits. The question you're answering is 'What's in it for me?' This is what every prospect/buyer wants to know.
Other vital elements are:
powerful headline and sub-heads
scannable copy with lots of white space for easy reading
People often only read headlines and bolded copy, so make sure that your headlines and subheads tell a cohesive, compelling story on their own. Make sure your call to action is prominent and powerful. Dumb it down. Use complex words for your novel. For direct mail, keep them short and sweet: call, free, gift, order, phone, now, today, free, free, free. Did I mention free?
3. Rinse and repeat. So your campaign rolled out, the orders rolled in, you cashed your cheque, and now you're on to the next client. They need the deliverables yesterday. (Isn't that always the case?) The great thing is, you now have a winning format/formula that you can apply to multiple jobs.
This is not an excuse to get lazy - the copy must still be snappy, zingy, on-brand, and on-strategy. But there's nothing better than knowing you have a template to follow when it's the midnight before your full copy deck is due...and you haven't yet started. In this case, repetition is good.
Education Articles1. Industrial Safety Online Course
Author: Somiya khatun
2. Intensive Chinese Language Program Shanghai – Become The Master Of The Language
Author: Michel Kern
3. How Primavera Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career Growth?
4. How Is The Future Of Ios Developer In Today's Technology?
5. Ibm Mdm Online Training
Author: ukumari VirtualNuggets
6. The Online Oracle Interview Questions Help In Your Interview Preparation
7. 10 Most Common Mistakes Every Beginner Java Programmer Makes
8. How Is Ms Ramaiah Institute Of Technology In Terms Of Placements, Ranking, Fees And Admissions?
9. Top Ways To Know How Digital Marketing Grow Your Business Online
Author: Vishal Varma
10. Best Techniques And Tactics For Sales And Marketing Coach
Author: Sanjay Burman
11. Sales And Marketing Strategy By Synture Group For Small Businesses
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni
12. Best Education Channels In India – Enriching The Students Future
Author: Nitesh Sharma
13. Problems With Programs And The Law Of Attraction
Author: Shannon Panzo
14. Enrol Into An Ielts Coaching Class To Derive Meritorious Results In English
Author: Jackson Snowball
15. Get Familiarize With The Key Benefits Of Cbap Training Program