ALL >> Education >> View Article
Make Your Copywriting Promotions Unbeatable - With This Simple Headline Secret
Total Articles: 34
Not long ago I was chatting with a buddy of mine who happens to be a very high paid "world class" copywriter. Someone who has not only penned scores of winning ads, but who has an offer where if his ads don't pull, he will keep rewriting your ad until it does pull.
I asked him how much work that was, and how often he had to re-write ads due to his unique promise.
"Practically never," he replied.
"Never?" I asked.
"Nope. Usually all I do is change the headline and that makes the difference. Even if an ad totally bombed. You can have a truly crappy ad with a spectacular headline and still make a bundle. Or, you can have a crappy headline with a spectacularly written ad and still fall flat on your face. It's all about the headline."
I have to admit, I never really fully understood the power of headlines until then.
And since that day I have started writing not just 100 headlines (as many of the best and highest paid copywriters and marketers in history have advised) -- but a minimum of 500 headlines.
In fact, I'm working on an ad right now I've written close to 800 headlines for -- and still going.
I know of others who crank out even more than that.
And you know what? That may sound like overkill, but it's always worth it. Every single time.
Even if it takes a month. Even if it takes two months (if you have that kind of time to play with). Because the more headlines you write, the better the chances of you coming up with one that makes your ad truly unbeatable.
But, you may be thinking:
How does one crank out all those headlines without getting burned out or frazzled from staring a computer screen?
That's a good question. And to be honest, a lot of copywriters have invented their own "system" for coming up with headlines.
Here's the way I do it:
First thing I do is clear my schedule for a few weeks of any time consuming projects and crank out 50 headlines every day, five days a week, for two weeks.
I have a timer I use (an old trick used by the legendary copywriter Eugene Schwartz) and work for about thirty three minutes, then stop for ten or fifteen minutes. And I do this for about two or three hours -- or until I've got my 50 done.
This way, in five days I have 250 headlines cranked out. In two weeks I have 500 cranked out (usually more).
Then, on the third week I pull those headlines up, look them over, take the ones that have potential and put them in a new file. Then I play around with this short list -- their words, their combinations of phrases and sequence of information -- and usually a good five to ten decent headlines will emerge.
And that's it. That's all there is to it.
I realize maybe that sounds oversimplified, but it works.
And if you are someone who has trouble coming up with headlines, you may want to try this yourself. Everyone is different, but I personally have found this to be one of the best and easiest ways to come up with great headlines relatively quickly.
Education Articles1. Industrial Safety Online Course
Author: Somiya khatun
2. Intensive Chinese Language Program Shanghai – Become The Master Of The Language
Author: Michel Kern
3. How Primavera Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career Growth?
4. How Is The Future Of Ios Developer In Today's Technology?
5. Ibm Mdm Online Training
Author: ukumari VirtualNuggets
6. The Online Oracle Interview Questions Help In Your Interview Preparation
7. 10 Most Common Mistakes Every Beginner Java Programmer Makes
8. How Is Ms Ramaiah Institute Of Technology In Terms Of Placements, Ranking, Fees And Admissions?
9. Top Ways To Know How Digital Marketing Grow Your Business Online
Author: Vishal Varma
10. Best Techniques And Tactics For Sales And Marketing Coach
Author: Sanjay Burman
11. Sales And Marketing Strategy By Synture Group For Small Businesses
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni
12. Best Education Channels In India – Enriching The Students Future
Author: Nitesh Sharma
13. Problems With Programs And The Law Of Attraction
Author: Shannon Panzo
14. Enrol Into An Ielts Coaching Class To Derive Meritorious Results In English
Author: Jackson Snowball
15. Get Familiarize With The Key Benefits Of Cbap Training Program