ALL >> Education >> View Article
5 Quick And Easy Ways To Improve Your Copywriting!
Total Articles: 40
If you want to quickly improve your copywriting, and you're not sure where to start, the following five tips will definitely help you:
1. Use a "Quick And Easy" Headline With A Number In It. We live in a disposable society today. People want things quick, and they want things easy. They don't have time to waste. By using a "Quick And Easy" headline, you cater to society's wants and your headline will automatically get people's attention. And that's the first step to writing a successful ad or salesletter.
Another reason to use a "Quick And Easy" headline is because it forces you to focus on a specific niche, making your headline stronger and even more effective. This is important because many beginning copywriters make the fatal mistake of trying to sell to everyone. A "Quick And Easy" headline simply won't allow you to wander. For example:
"3 Quick And Easy Ways To Become A Better Lawyer"
"10 Quick And Easy Ways To Sell Your House"
"8 Quick And Easy Ways To Get A Raise"
"5 Quick And Easy Ways To Improve Your Copywriting"
"7 Quick And Easy Baking Tips"
Without even consciously trying, each of the above headlines is focused on a specific niche...lawyers, people selling their homes, working class individuals, copywriters and people who like to cook.
And it doesn't even matter what number you use in your headline. They all work. This strategy has proven to be magical and will work over and over again. You'd be wise to use it.
2. Immediately Deliver What Your Headline Promised. After your headline attracts readers attention, immediately get right to the point and deliver what your headline promised. Don't try to be cute, and don't string your readers along. For example, did you notice how I got right into telling you about the "5 Ways To Improve Your Copywriting?" I practice what I preach.
3. Benefits, Benefits, Benefits. Another thing many beginning copywriters do is mistake features for benefits. There's a huge difference. Features are characteristics that physically describe your product or service. Benefits describe how your product or service will help the customer solve his or her problem. In other words, what the customer will gain by using the product or service. Following are a few example of features and benefits:
A feature is that "illuminated digital clock" you have in your car. A benefit is that clock allows you to see what time it is at night.
A feature is a "high resolution computer monitor." A benefit is that computer monitor gives you a sharper image and is easier on the eyes.
A feature is your new recliner has "reinforced lumbar support." A benefit is that recliner is comfortable and will help support your lower back.
A feature is GPS (Global Positioning System). A benefit is a GPS will prevent you from getting lost.
A feature is the room service that your hotel provides. A benefit is that room service allows you to eat in the comfort and privacy of your own room at your convenience.
A feature is "Lojack." A benefit is Lojack will help police find your car, if it gets stolen.
Remember this little phrase: "Features are nice, but benefits pay the bills!"
4. Give Overwhelming Proof. I see so many ads and salesletters that make outrageous claims that aren't substantiated by a shred a proof. Just because someone says something, doesn't make it true. Don't just tell me how great your product or service is. Prove it to me! How? The most common way to prove your claims are the use of testimonials. The more testimonials, the better. But don't use bogus testimonials. Use "real" testimonials with the customers full name and website or e-mail address.
What if you're a new business, and you don't have any testimonials yet? No problem. Give away a few samples of your product or service. Let people try it for free. In return, ask for a testimonial. If you have a good, quality product or service, you shouldn't have any fear about giving away a few free samples. The testimonials you receive in return will more than make up for the cost of the samples you gave away.
5. Close The Deal. When I began studying copywriting many years ago, one of the first things I was taught was to ask for the sale at least seven times. This is called "closing the deal," or "call to action." Why seven times? Because people are preconditioned to say NO. It's a psychological mechanism.
It starts when we're little babies, and our parents constantly tell us NO. It continues into our school years, when our teachers constantly tell us NO. And we deal with it everyday at work when our bosses tell us NO. So when people come across your ad or salesletter, they already have their guard up. So you have to slowly chip away at all of those years of hearing NO, NO, NO! That's why you have to ASK, ASK, ASK for the sale at least seven times.
Following are a few examples of closing the deal:
"Limited time offer. Order today"
"Supplies limited. Order now"
"This offer closes at midnight"
"We're only selling 500 copies and that's it"
"Free gift, when you order today"
When it comes to closing the deal, you're limited only by your imagination. The main thing is to ASK, ASK, ASK!!!
Education Articles1. Know The Career Benefits Of Scrum Master Certification
2. Introduction Of Web Designing Course Tutorials
Author: Learn web designing course Bangalore, Infocampus i
3. What Will Study In Australia Cost For International Students From Nepal?
Author: aanandita kumari
4. 300-209 Study Guides
Author: rocky hughes
5. Mbbs In Russia
6. Mbbs Service In Russia
7. Take Your 3d Designing And Drafting Skills To A New Level Through Pdms Training
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy
8. Malaysian Business Assignment Writers – Experts In Their Job
Author: Karen Wilson
9. 70-333 Exams Study Guides
Author: rocky hughes
10. Live Oracle Adf Online Training By Virtualnuggets
Author: vasu buddi
11. Web Design Composition Curriculum For 2017-2018
Author: Learn best web designing course Bangalore.Infocamp
12. Necessary Steps To Take While Hiring A Tax Agent
Author: Austin Loader
13. 4 Tips On How Parents Can Help Children To Improve In Study
Author: Hayden Bowden
14. Why Has The Australian Education A Global Focus Today?
Author: aanandita kumari
15. Develop Excellent Cloud Computing Skills By Availing Microsoft Windows Azure Training