ALL >> General >> View Article
Helpful Tips On Entering Your Babies Photos Into Contests
Total Articles: 60
Babies Photos - If you love to show off your favorite Babies Photos you may be thinking like many parents do, why not start entering your babies photos in contests.
These contests are be very competitive, but they do provide a great chance to get exposure for your work as well as cash prizes and other gifts. It could be a nice foundation to start a college fund for your child. All just from your Babies Photos.
Entering your Babies Photos into contests generally fall into two different types:
There are contests where you are judged on the baby's appearance which is very subjective. There might be specific features or looks they are looking for as well. Then you have contests where your Babies Photos are judged based on the skill of the people who took those specific Babies Photos. When you are looking for contests to enter your Babies Photos, it's helpful to first spend some time thinking about what you want to achieve. Do want your baby to participate in modeling shoots? Some contests for Babies Photos will give you the chance to meet with a talent scout as one of the prizes. If you are strictly looking for feedback on your photography skills make sure you look into who will be the judges. Look at their background as to experience in photography. You want a professional of course but who is to say what makes you a professional? Okay, technically if you make money for your work that makes you a professional.
However, to put it mildly that is very subjective. Look to see if their background covers more then just shooting Babies Photos. Since your entering contests for babies Photos you would expect they have experience in that area but what else do they bring to the table.
Focusing on entering a contests focusing on Babies Photos you must first read the judging rules carefully. This can not be said enough. Many photographers have entered some great work only to be disqualified because they did not follow the rules correctly. If you do not understand something do not assume always ask questions prior to entering. Contests just for Babies Photos will be looking for a specific type of photo. There may be rules such as, the age of the baby, a boy or girl or either. Are you are allowed to use certain types of software to edit your work.
Make sure you have looked into the official rules and know what you CAN and CAN NOT do with your Baby Photo entry.
Some of the best tips for taking Babies Photos is as follows:
* Make sure you have no distracting background. Keep the focus on the baby.
* Again, keeping the focus on your baby you are looking for clear and crisp.
* Lighting do some amazing things or it can hurt your shot. Use it wisely and to your benefit. If you something does not look and feel right then change it until it does.
* Composition is very appealing. Those little tweaks here and there can sometimes launch your work to a whole new level.
Even though the Babies Photos are “Still Life” it is telling a story. From that stillness there is movement and a voice. Your objective is to make everyone see that movement and to hear the voice. When going through your Babies Photos to enter into a contest, take time to step back from your role as a parent or relative. Every parent thinks there child's pictures are absolutely adorable. Keep in mind the contest judges won't have the same attachment as you do to that photo. Make sure you get opinions from people who can be more objective. Find people who may know of the child but do not have the same attachment as you or a relative might have.
Always keep a positive attitude. If you don't win a particular contest, don't get discouraged and do not take it personal as in “they think my child is not pretty enough”. Also, after all a parent can never have to many of their Babies Photos. Several contests receive thousands of entries and failing to win a prize doesn't necessarily reflect poorly upon your adorable child or your skills as a photographer. Keeping taking pictures and you'll eventually receive the recognition you deserve.
Here are a couple of contests that you can find online to get you started:
Baby Zone sponsors contests for photos of babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and children.
Kodak's Moment of the Month Contest isn't focused exclusively on baby photos, but some of your baby pictures may fit the theme of the contest for a particular month.
Contests for Moms is a directory listing of several different online contests for enter Babies Photos.
You can find these online.
Come visit us and win!
Sweepstakes 13 - A Place for Winners!
Sweepstakes 13 – A Blog/Directory for Sweepstakes, Contests, Giveaways, Competitions & Freebies. Our Blog Articles are education tools as well as a way for everyone to share your comments, opinions and experiences. Chat with fellow Sweepers in our forum. Plus, enter to win and add your favorites promotions.
Come visit us and win!
Sweepstakes 13 - A Place for Winners!
General Articles1. No To People Pleasing- Qsca Coaching Program
Author: Christy Whitman
2. Why It Is Necessary To Provide Plumbing Maintenance In Your Home?
Author: Riley Evans
3. Sit Ups… Oldie But Effective
Author: Adriana Albritton
4. Voip Softswitch Providers Make Communication Uninterrupted And Hassle Free
Author: sachin kumar
5. Pay Per Click & Online Ad Trends You Should Know
Author: Justin James
6. 7 Ways How Food Delivery App Can Help Grow Your Restaurant Business
Author: Rajesh kumar
7. Services For Id Cards Of Uk, Germany, Australia, Usa, Canada And Europe
8. Success Of Pokemon Mega Is The Game Close To The Player's Life
Author: Pokemon Mega ADMIN
9. To Resolve Issues Call Acer Support Number Uk
Author: Bene Hencock
10. How To Select The Best Orthopedic Surgeon For You?
Author: Tarun Singh
11. Independent Models In Ring Road Bangalore
Author: Independent Models in Ring Road Bangalore
12. Elegant Enamel: Crazy For Color
13. Marguerite Stix — Sculptor, Artist And Jeweler
14. Il Vestito Dorato Di Jenny Packham è Arrivato Ai Tony Awards
15. Tips To Keep In Mind When Starting An Seo Services In Dubai