ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
How To Identify And Authenticate Heritage German Beer Steins
Total Articles: 13
Whether you are buying them to add to your collection of souvenirs or for the purpose of consuming your favourite beverage, either way it is important that when purchasing German heritage beer steins, you are equipped with enough knowledge to pick the ones that are original and authenticated and not end up with the ones that are cheap but ‘hard to tell apart’ copies.
Just like most other collectibles that could cost hundreds of dollars, authentic beer steins too could be an expensive purchase and would cost anywhere upward of $110 where as spin-offs and imitations could cost far less. The price is thus one of the biggest indicators of their genuineness.
However besides the price, there are many other factors that can help you identify an original and genuine beer stein and thus distinguish it from the fake ones that are available aplenty.
1. The label/Mark- The bottom of the stein should have a ‘Made in Germany’ mark or label. This could also read ‘Gemacht in Deutschland’ which is perfectly fine as well. However a complete giveaway is if the label reads ‘Made in China’ or ‘Made in Taiwan’. Steins having those labels are not authentic for sure. Some labels might even specify the German company that has manufactured the stein or the artist that has worked on it. The more specific the label, the better.
2. The Artwork - Authentic German Steins are representative of German culture mainly because of the artwork that is depicted on them. The artwork will include scenes and anecdotes from German history and culture. Regimental steins will also have names and ranks of German soldiers.
3. The Lid- Authentic beer steins made in Germany will have a lid that is made with a material that complements the design painted on the rest of the stein. Most lids will also have a thumb lift, which when pressed will open the lid.
4. The Height- German steins are a lot taller than most other steins and that is one way of gauging their genuineness. Compare them to something that you have bought earlier or an authentic stein owned by a friend and you will be able to determine their authenticity. Moreover their height is usually double their width.
5. The Interiors- German beer stains will have a lithophane on the bottom inside, which can be seen when held against sunlight. If this lithophane contains pictures depicting nudity or provocative scenes, it is not an original German stein.
Identifying an authentic German beer stein needs a keen eye and may not come easily. However if you have an interest in collecting German steins, make sure to cross check at least the label and features like the height and lid to ensure that it genuine.
Rick Paary is a happy-go-lucky kind of guy who loves everything related to American football and a big fan of Detroit Lions. He is also fascinated by home décor and various roofing systems that are in use in various parts of North America. He has written on German heritage beer steins and authentic beer steins in this article.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. Know Your Usb Travel Charging Options
Author: Lider Accessories
2. Where Can You Buy Mens Swiss Watches
Author: Caleb William
3. The World Of Online Stores And How You Can Buy Jewelry
Author: William Robin
4. The Amazing Styles Of Jewelry That You Can Make Your Own
Author: William Robin
5. How To Choose The Best Of Jewelry For Yourself From Online Stores?
Author: William Robin
6. Significance Of Sending Greeting Cards
Author: Denesh Yadav
7. Know How To Worship Hindu Deities At Home
Author: Daniel Bennett
8. Things To Know Before Buying Sterling Silver Necklaces
Author: Bryan Gentles
9. Enjoy Online Rakhi 2017 Shopping Right From The Comfort Of Your Home!
Author: rakhi gift express
10. Buying Cool Gifts Which Are Novel For Your Brother
11. Order Fresh Flowers And Cake Online For Delivery In Delhi At Affordable Prices
12. Bikini's: Slip Into The Subtle Style
Author: Agacio Underwear
13. Find Best Salwar Kameez Uk Collection Online
14. Orient M-force Delta Collection Automatic Power Reserve Sel07002h0 El07002h Mens Watch| The Beast Re
Author: Jasson C
15. A Luxury Watch Is An Investment For A Lifetime- Find Out Why?
Author: John Watson