ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
How To Identify And Authenticate Heritage German Beer Steins
Total Articles: 13
Whether you are buying them to add to your collection of souvenirs or for the purpose of consuming your favourite beverage, either way it is important that when purchasing German heritage beer steins, you are equipped with enough knowledge to pick the ones that are original and authenticated and not end up with the ones that are cheap but ‘hard to tell apart’ copies.
Just like most other collectibles that could cost hundreds of dollars, authentic beer steins too could be an expensive purchase and would cost anywhere upward of $110 where as spin-offs and imitations could cost far less. The price is thus one of the biggest indicators of their genuineness.
However besides the price, there are many other factors that can help you identify an original and genuine beer stein and thus distinguish it from the fake ones that are available aplenty.
1. The label/Mark- The bottom of the stein should have a ‘Made in Germany’ mark or label. This could also read ‘Gemacht in Deutschland’ which is perfectly fine as well. However a complete giveaway is if the label reads ‘Made in China’ or ‘Made in Taiwan’. Steins having those labels are not authentic for sure. Some labels might even specify the German company that has manufactured the stein or the artist that has worked on it. The more specific the label, the better.
2. The Artwork - Authentic German Steins are representative of German culture mainly because of the artwork that is depicted on them. The artwork will include scenes and anecdotes from German history and culture. Regimental steins will also have names and ranks of German soldiers.
3. The Lid- Authentic beer steins made in Germany will have a lid that is made with a material that complements the design painted on the rest of the stein. Most lids will also have a thumb lift, which when pressed will open the lid.
4. The Height- German steins are a lot taller than most other steins and that is one way of gauging their genuineness. Compare them to something that you have bought earlier or an authentic stein owned by a friend and you will be able to determine their authenticity. Moreover their height is usually double their width.
5. The Interiors- German beer stains will have a lithophane on the bottom inside, which can be seen when held against sunlight. If this lithophane contains pictures depicting nudity or provocative scenes, it is not an original German stein.
Identifying an authentic German beer stein needs a keen eye and may not come easily. However if you have an interest in collecting German steins, make sure to cross check at least the label and features like the height and lid to ensure that it genuine.
Rick Paary is a happy-go-lucky kind of guy who loves everything related to American football and a big fan of Detroit Lions. He is also fascinated by home décor and various roofing systems that are in use in various parts of North America. He has written on German heritage beer steins and authentic beer steins in this article.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. Massive Collection In Apropos To Latest Trends And Styles
Author: Dinesh Banerjee
2. How To Select A Quality Diamond Jewellery
Author: Jewellery Cluster
3. Al Zohaib Embroidered Lawn
4. Orient Automatic Fal00002b0 Men’s Watch: A Classic-influenced, Daily Piece
5. Hamilton Khaki Aviation Pilot Pioneer Chrono Quartz H76512733 Men’s Watch: Olden Times Revived
6. Advantages Of Raincoats
7. How Online Shopping Can Help You Live A Better Life
8. Advantages Of Using Power Distribution Boards In Electrical Circuits
Author: nanshi pache
9. Helmet Store Canada
10. What Are The Different Variants Of Frozen Food Available On The Markets Today?
Author: Gracia Smith
11. Tips To Choose The Best Kitchen Appliances
Author: nanshi pache
12. Why Buying Or Gifting Diamond Jewelry Is The Right Choice
Author: Michelle Diamond-Reece
13. Stuhrling Original Anatol Automatic Dual Time 371.01 Mens Watch: Back To Baroque!
14. What Makes Led Lights More Popular Than Conventional Lighting
Author: nanshi pache
15. The Do's And Don'ts Of Cheap Fashionable Clothes
Author: Charlie Taylor