ALL >> Health >> View Article
Spine Surgery: What Are Your Options?
Total Articles: 8
One such surgery is laser spine surgery which is less invasive than other surgical options. However, what most people don’t know is that this surgery is not entirely risk free and will also require incisions. In a bid to separate the hype from the truth, here is what you should know about the laser option:
1. Laser surgery involves real surgery and incisions are made to provide spinal access
2. The laser plays a minimal role in the surgery and it could also bring about adverse complications
3. Not many neurosurgeons recommend the use of laser for spinal surgery. This is because other techniques have proved to be more effective and there no clear benefits
Having said that, it is important to say that though it is not all good news when it comes to laser surgical options, there have been brilliant results realized from this back surgery.
Other Spine Surgery Options
Many patients are eager to find out what are their options when they need spinal surgery. Though there are various surgical options, they vary according to the condition. In other words, there is not one surgery that fits all spinal complications and it is important that you ask your doctor for the specific treatment options available in Tulsa, Oklahoma that could help your condition. Below are some of the different
types of spine surgery.
Laminectomy: This surgery involves the removal of bone spurs, parts and ligaments from the back. The surgery is done to relieve pressure from the spinal nerves as this pressure is often responsible for weakness and immense pain.
Spinal Fusion: This surgery is commonly used to treat back pain and is conducted by joining or fusing spinal bones also known as vertebrae. The surgery is done to restrict motion in the spinal bones and unfortunately also limits nerve stretching.
Discectomy: A discectomy is done by removing parts of the disc or an entire disc. This surgery is conducted on patients who have a bulging disc as this slipped disc tends to place unnecessary pressure on spinal nerves and consequently comes with severe back pain. Discectomies are sometimes done as part of other surgeries such as laminectomy, spinal fusion and foraminotomy which we will be discussing shortly.
Foraminotomy: This is a spinal surgery procedure that cuts bones on a vertebra so as to enlarge the spaces needed for nerves. This surgery is done to relieve nerve pressure and pain.
Disc Replacement: Disc replacement as the name suggests is basically done to replace damaged discs. These discs are replaced by artificial ones and this is increasingly becoming a preferred spine surgery alternative to spinal fusion for many.
As you can see, there are various surgical options that come with spine surgery. Remember that this information is general and more information and guidance should be sourced from a medical professional.
For more details visit - http://www.samedayspinesurgery.com
Health Articles1. Must Ask Questions When Meeting A Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash
2. Natural Skincare And Beauty Supplements For Healthy And Glowing Skin
Author: NAVEEN KHANDELWAL
3. What To Look For A Dentist?
Author: Donnell Nash
4. Can Bpas Damage A Healthy Member?
Author: John Dugan
5. Sticking To Healthy Habits With The Help Of Yoga
Author: Gary Martin
6. Raise Your Efforts With Weight Gainer Supplements
Author: Anabolic Nutrition
7. Signs To Look Out For If You Have A Prolapsed Uterus
Author: Kalptaru Herbal Therapy Centre
8. A Glass Of Milk A Day Keeps Doctor Away
Author: Namit Malgaonkar
9. The Hearing Aids Siemens Are Available In Best Quality And Price To Restore Your Hearing Ability
10. Superfood Supplements- For All Your Nutrition Needs
Author: Shashi Kant Shukla
11. Dental Hygiene Information You Won't Locate In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
12. Getting Knee Pain Treatment At Parijatak
Author: Dr. Nitesh Khonde
13. Is Invisalign The Right Treatment For Adults?
Author: James Franklin
14. 1st Global Community Of Indian Clinicians - Docstop
Author: Vijay Lokhande
15. Hypothyroidism Rampant In India - Freedom Age
Author: Dr Kalpana Gupta Sekhawat