ALL >> Business >> View Article
Hiring Illegal Maid Lands Uae Indian Expat Sponsor In A Fix - None
Total Articles: 34
Appointing maids in an illegal manner in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) can end up the family or person hiring the maid with a fine of Dh 50,000.
The UAE has definitely no laws to safeguard the sponsor in this kind of situation as stated by a Gulf News article.
This is what an Indian emigrant family experienced. The family became aware that when a housemaid they had employed not long ago through a maid agencies in Abu Dhabi, disappeared from their home.
Anjum Khan, who is working as a sales executive in Dubai, says that she has used up over Dh15,000 which includes Dh7,000 as fees for the maid agency UAE to sponsor the maid from Indonesia.
She said that the maid came to the family on January 18 and disappeared on the day her visa got stamped, that is March 3. She added that the housemaid could have gone to the Indonesian embassy or to the agency as guided by them if she escaped due to being treated wrongly. But now she is free to look for illegal job while Ms. Khan has to pay the cost of amount Dh 15,000.
Ms. Khan adds that there is a Dh 50,000 fine for employing unlawful housemaids, but there is no info existing on what the sponsors are supposed to do in circumstances such as hers.
The housemaid, who was hired to look after Khan’s 4 month old child, ran away while the family had gone outdoors for some routine task. The police asked us to consult the Dubai General Department for Residency and Foreigners Affairs. As a result, we gave in her passport and registered a case with them. The housemaid had also left her original agreement with the housemaid agencies in Dubai.
Khan said that they were worried for the maid, but, when they got in touch with the placement agency, they were informed that they are not able to do anything apart from checking whether she had gone to the Indonesian Embassy.
When contacted, a representative of the agency said that they can try to find a solution if only the housemaid contacts them or the embassy. He added that their contract clearly mentions that they do not give any guarantee or replacement in the case of an absconding maid.
Khan said that now they do not have any other option but to admit her four month old daughter in a nursery as both her husband and she are employed.
Business Articles1. Converter Transformer Market Is Projected To Reach $2,316.1 Million By 2020, At A Cagr Of 18.2%
2. The Value Of Solid Representation For Auto Accident Victims
3. The Auto Accident Lawyer That Can Save Your Valuable Life
4. Lexington Ky Car Accidents Lawyer - Obtain The Reasonable Settlement
5. Must I Hire A Car Accident Lawyer For A Commercial Automobile?
6. Obtaining A Car Accident Attorney To Help You After An Auto Accident
7. How To Approach Your Insurance Provider Following A Car Accident
8. Opportunities For Carbon Fiber In The Global Automotive Market Is Expected To Grow At A Cagr Of 7.9%
9. Bleacher Rental Seating
Author: Unknown Member
10. Maximize Your App With These Latest Social Media Marketing Tactics
Author: Anshul Sharma
11. Opportunities For The Global Door And Window Market To Reach $259.8 Billion By 2023
12. How Makeup Artist Can Help You Achieve The Perfect Look For Your Wedding
13. Importance Of Weighing Scales!
14. Daycare In Edison Nj
15. Global Wheel Loader Market Forecast 2018-2023