ALL >> Health >> View Article
All About Raw Food Diet
Total Articles: 32
Practically aeons ago, prehistoric folks had no idea of the convenience of fire, and the foods they ate were raw. Even meats are consumed raw on a somewhat regular basis. Hence the raw food diet is old hat, before the concept of fire people had to make do with eating food straight from trees, the ground they picked from, or carcasses of the animals they slaughtered. Raw food diet is the rage at this time for health buffs because the nutrients present in vegetables and fruits are retained and fully ingested. The heat involved in cooking can decrease the amount of nutrients that is why eating your veggies and fruits raw and unprocessed is highly recommended by nutritionists. It is also considered as a complementary and alternative medicine for cancer.
In addition, it also assists the body in detoxifying itself in the most natural way as possible. So far, the raw food diet is considered as the healthiest and hassle-free diet for everybody. A raw food diet starts out with the basics, which includes fruits, nuts, vegetables and seeds, staples of the vegetarian diet. Add-ons like enzymes and supplements are also recommended in order to substitute for meat. Examples of raw food must-haves are:
1. Green leafy veggies (no crossbred veggies)
2. Fruits (not the seedless kind)
3. Fatty foods like avocados
4. Nuts (taken in moderation)
5. Rice (soaked in water and “heated” under the sun)
The Advantages Of Raw Food Diet
A diet rich in raw and unprocessed foods can lead to clearer skin, plenty of energy and a fit body without the unwanted pounds. Plenty of raw food diet followers or rawists claim that eating organic and raw foods results in acquiring the full nutritional assemblage of plants without the chemicals and all sorts of additives added on food to make it more palatable and have a longer shelf life. Raw veggies and fruits hold their nutritional content most particularly if eaten with the skins on. Likewise, since the fiber content is retained, the food is much simpler to digest.
The Disadvantages of Raw Food Diet
For newbies who would like to try out the raw food diet, it is going to involve plenty of adjustments. A very limiting raw food diet plan shall involve major changes. Rawists who were not able to transition well into the diet might experience harsh detoxification symptoms. Also, safety factors often come into play. If the storage, handling and preparations are not done correctly, there is a huge risk of being exposed to dangerous microorganisms like pathogens.
Recipes for raw food meals will also take more time to prepare as compared to processed foods. Majority of these recipes typically require uncommon ingredients which can be challenging to find on groceries and supermarkets. There's also the risk of bone loss and food-borne diseases which is usually attributed to raw or undercooked food.
However if you are still interested in raw food-based diets, you have to consult your doctor or health care provider first and foremost to know if this particular diet will be good for you. Also, if you are considering this kind of diet will work out for a family member or friend stricken with cancer, talking to specialists on alternative cancer medical institutions will also help you out. Doctors and specialists from these institutions acknowledge everything there is to know about alternative treatments for colon cancer and all sorts of cancers.
Over the last nine years, the cancer alternative treatment of New Hope Medical Center has been a great help to all cancer patients. There are bladder cancer alternative treatment for bladder cancer patients and a lot more to offer.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important