ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Things To Do Before Lotus Notes Export Email To Outlook Process
Total Articles: 22
Lotus Notes Export Email to Outlook
Due to some urgency of email client switchover requirement, Lotus Notes export email to Outlook might the only thing on your mind at present. Before you finally begin with the migration from NSF to PST, there any certain things that are very much needed to take care of, as they are so important to make or break the conversion process. If you abide by them, you enjoy an impeccable migration; otherwise, you might face trouble in (http://geekswithblogs.net/convertlotusnotestooutlook/) Converting your NSF data to PST.
Before you actually delve deeper into the process, there are a few things that you must consider and always remember before you actually begin with the email data (http://convertlotustooutlook.tblog.com/) Migration from Lotus Notes to Outlook. These precautionary measures are very important to undertake if you want a successful completion of the process and want that the conversion happens seamlessly and flawlessly without any operational hazards.
Operational Pre-Requisites and Precautions
• Lotus Notes email client application must be installed and configured in the stand-alone mode (and not connected to the Domino server) for performing this migration using Export Notes tool
• MS Outlook email program (its 32-bit version) must be installed as well as configured with any of the POP3 profiles.
• It is very important that before starting with the migration, Outlook as well as Lotus Notes email tools should both be closed.
• You can also take a copy of the NSF file before migrating. Though the software doesn’t use the source NSF and just reads its data to convert it into PST, still it is good to have a backup copy.
• Also, remember that one must be able to open NSF file in Notes on migration.
How to Avert Following Operational Hazards?
There is a common possibility that while you use the tool, you face error like: "Lotus Notes NOT installed/configured properly." In such a case, it is suggested that you must double-click on the NSF file to open it for checking whether it is encrypted or not. If it is encrypted, then you are most likely to get certain error statements like:
1. “You are not authorized to access that database.”
2. “You Are Not Authorized To Perform That Operation”
3. “Local Access Protection”
In such cases where you get these types of errors, your NSF file is actually encrypted.
In the first and second case when you get errors like "You are not authorized to access that database" or “You Are Not Authorized to Perform That Operation,” it is suggested to buy a tool like Export Notes software (available here - http://www.convertlotusnotestooutlook.com/). This tool will remove local security and then you can use Export Notes for Lotus Notes export email to Outlook process.
And in the third case of "Local Access Protection", you need to switch id (should have user.id file along with password for NSF). Following steps are suggested in this case:
• Open Lotus Notes application
• Now, go to File > Security > Switch ID
• Locate .ID file
• Enter password
• Now, you can access NSF file in Lotus Notes
• Now, run Export Notes product to convert NSF to PST
Computers Articles1. Tough As Nails Awnings - Break Record Sales
Author: 1888 PressRelease
2. Reliable Services For Sony Ps Vita Screen Replacement In London
Author: Tony Blair
3. 3d Print Architecture Models Enhance Architectural Experience For Clients
4. Amazon Product Listing Secrets Unfolded
5. How To Upgrade Hotmail Account To New Outlook Account?
Author: Lucy Seal
6. The Wide Network Range Of Linksys Wifi Extenders
Author: pinkesh tomar
7. How Push Notifications Can Completely Revolutionize The Fitness Industry!
8. Outlook Vs. Gmail – In Depth Analysis & Comparison
9. Microsoft’s Outlook Beta-a Faster Version
10. Difference Between Hotmail, Outlook, Windows Live Mail.
11. Iphone Repair And Data Recovery
Author: khan mash
12. Centurylink Approved Modems Are Available In Reasonable Price Range!
Author: Aaron Kocherhans
13. Why Website Is Important For Each And Every Business?
Author: Golden Gate Technolabs
14. Microsoft Outlook Issues And Solutions
Author: Amaia Smith
15. How To Troubleshoot Brother Printer Error 4f And What Does It Mean?
Author: James Watson