ALL >> Real-Estate-and-Foreclosure >> View Article
Bees Ka Tees – The Importance Of Documenting Real Estate Referrals
Total Articles: 33
The importance of documenting your agreement and agreeing to terms on paper can’t be better illustrated than the following situation…
Telephonic conversation part 1:
Broker 1: Client needs a 1 BHK, vile parle
Broker 2: My commission?
Broker 1: Bees percent
Broker 2: Done
After the deal is done, telephonic conversation part 2:
Broker 1: Deal done, 1cr-1%, sending you 20,000
Broker 2: Why 10,000 less?
Broker 1: 20 % of 1,00,000 is 20,000
Broker 2: Even I know that but we agreed on 30, tees percent was decided.
We can all guess how the conversation would have gone further. Good case of misunderstanding or was Broker 2 cheating? We will never know.
In the age of +1’s (and I’m not talking about google here) we all have a fear that your client will be stolen, you will be undercut. To quote some real estate players, “They are sharks out there.” Typically what happens is that you restrict yourself to a very select few, try to match your leads by yourself or don’t give complete information. All three lead to one thing—LOSS OF BUSINESS.
Thus, it is very important to have documented evidence of all referral or +1 business done. It should cover split of commission, conditions under which it is applicable and any other conditions deemed necessary. This will not only protect you but ensure your reputation is not spoiled. A few simple techniques for the tech savvy, phone savvy and paper savvy:
Email the terms and conditions and receive confirmation. This ensures transparency and also clears ambiguity.
Paper: Put the terms and conditions on paper and both brokers’ sign on it. The only problem with this is it might get difficult to have brokers present at the time and it’s not suitable to changes in the conditions.
SMS: A slightly less fool proof but most efficient option is to send a text message after a conversation confirming the terms and conditions and ask for confirmation to the same.
If you can think of other ways to safeguard against misunderstandings and cheating please add them in the comments…
If you are looking for a franchise business in India in real estate then RE/MAX has the best new business opportunity in property franchising. The world’s largest selling real estate company can help you become a property broker or real estate agent with extensive training from the top real estate consultants. A RE/MAX franchise office is a network or property agents and real estate brokers working together. Earn money in the most profitable industry with maximum work/life balance.
Hence, we welcome all people who want to be a part of the real estate industry to join us and help us professionalize it in India.
Real Estate and Foreclosure Articles1. Slated Window Coverings Enhance Rooms With A View
Author: Ciaran Pilkington
2. Find Best Model Homes From Reliable Home Builders
3. Bhadra Legacy – New Luxury Apartments For Sale In Bangalore Near Mg Road
Author: Bhadra Landmarks
4. Never Miss These Things If You Are Planning To Buy A Property In 2018
Author: Varsha Reddy
5. How Technology Impacted On Real Estate Sector
6. Real Estate Best Option To Increase Your Wealth In U.s.a
Author: Reed Goossens
7. 4 Advantages Of Selling Your Home To A Cash Home Buyer
Author: Jesse Tsai
8. What You Should Know About Crankbrook Property Management Of Commercial Properties?
Author: Jack William
9. 7 Amazing Benefits Of Choosing Royal Docks Estate Agents
Author: John Pring
10. Residential Projects In Greater Noida West-eros Group
Author: Eros Group
11. Best Quality Real Estate Podcasts For Foreign Investors
Author: RSN Property Group
12. Ludhiana: Destination Next For Real Estate
Author: Akshay Rathore
13. Ferozpur Highways: Best Place To Buy Your Dream Home
Author: Finstem Group
14. Mysore Villa: A Home You Dream Off
Author: Finstem Group
15. Ghaziabad Housing Experts’ Predictions And A Lot More
Author: Ghaziabad housing experts’ predictions ..