ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Android Jelly Bean 4.2 Vs. Apple Ios 6.1
Total Articles: 185
Google’s Android and Apple’s iOS have been named as the most popular and useful operating systems in the contemporary mobile world. This is the reason why mobile devices running the two OS platforms sell at the highest rate worldwide. Both Apple and Google regularly announce release updated versions of their operating systems in order to provide more advanced features to the target audience and attract a wider user base.
In the past too, debates on which of the two platforms, Android or iOS is more popular has flooded the world of technology. Though there are advantages and disadvantages of using both, purchase of either generally depends upon the mobile needs and expectations of a user. Here is a detailed discussion on the comparison of the latest upgradations from Google and Apple, the Android Jelly Bean 4.2 and iOS 6.1 respectively.
1. The navigation – Jelly Bean allows the use of virtual buttons which automatically change positions when the user switches from the portrait to the landscape mode in the device. Also, in the updated Android platform, the virtual buttons auto-hide or can be changed to dots as per the wish of the user. On the other hand, iOS 6.1 uses a physical home button and the style and placement of the virtual buttons also depend on the app which is installed in the operating system.
2. The lock screen – In the case of Jelly Bean as well as iOS 6.1, the screen elements such as digital clock, date, and day are visible on the lock screen. Therefore the use of both lock screens is very simple. In the case of Android 4.2, the user needs to slide lock icon to unlock icon which is outside the ring in order to start accessing the features. If you are using iOS 6.1, just swiping the unlock slider will bring you to the main screen. Moreover, the updated versions of both operating systems have made usage easier by allowing users to put notification icons such as Siri, camera, and Google Now on the lock screen.
3. The home screen – This screen, in the case of both OS platforms, is one that will show to the user the apps that have been installed in the device. Both iOS and Android feature a search bar towards the upper part of the home screen and the app tray in the lower part. Both operating system versions also allow users to change the background of their apps as per their choice. The only difference is that while Jelly Bean allows the addition of widgets on the home screen, iOS 6.1 does not.
4. The notification system – In Jelly Bean it is known as the Notification Shade, and in iOS 6.1 it is known as Notification Center. This is the feature that groups all notifications of the user under a single column. The management of the notification system is however different in both OS platform versions. While Android 4.2 does not allow personalizing the Notification Shade, iOS 6.1 allows users to add widgets like that of weather, Twitter, Facebook, or Stock Exchange.
These were some of the basic differences between the latest versions of Google’s and Apple’s operating systems. Mobile analysts recommend Jelly Bean for users who prefer customization and iOS 6.1 for users who want superior features along with high security.
The author is associated with a trusted mobile application development company offer mobility solutions to enterprises. The team of Android, iPhone and iPad app developer has created more than 300 apps for clients.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Threat Intelligence Market To Reach A Market Size Of $9.6 Billion By 2023
Author: Shivani Singh
2. E-discovery: A New Era In Investigation
Author: alok tamrakar
3. Youtube For Enterprises – The New Age Video For Content
Author: Amanda Todd
4. How Internet Of Things Will Changing Today’s World?
5. A Few Things To Know About Iphone Repair Centre
Author: Angel Smith
6. How Music Can Heal Your Mind And Soul
Author: Rioven Schmidt
7. Why Install Energy Saving Sensors?
8. Xbox Server Issues Affecting Sign-in, Purchasing & Updates
Author: Angel Smith
9. Four Different Issues To Look Out For In Metal 3d Printing
Author: 3D Spectra Technologies LLP
10. Armor Your Laptop In Style With Printable Laptop Sleeves
Author: Denesh Yadav
11. How Robotics-inspired Toys Help Your Child’s Development
Author: KinderLab Robotics
12. Advantages Of A Disaster Recovery Plan
Author: Noah Truax
13. Xbox Repair & Replacement Services – Issues & Solutions
Author: Angel Smith
14. Industrial Control Systems Security Market Growth
15. Why It Is Essential To Choose Expert Phone Repair Services
Author: Phone Repairer