ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Android Jelly Bean 4.2 Vs. Apple Ios 6.1
Total Articles: 185
Google’s Android and Apple’s iOS have been named as the most popular and useful operating systems in the contemporary mobile world. This is the reason why mobile devices running the two OS platforms sell at the highest rate worldwide. Both Apple and Google regularly announce release updated versions of their operating systems in order to provide more advanced features to the target audience and attract a wider user base.
In the past too, debates on which of the two platforms, Android or iOS is more popular has flooded the world of technology. Though there are advantages and disadvantages of using both, purchase of either generally depends upon the mobile needs and expectations of a user. Here is a detailed discussion on the comparison of the latest upgradations from Google and Apple, the Android Jelly Bean 4.2 and iOS 6.1 respectively.
1. The navigation – Jelly Bean allows the use of virtual buttons which automatically change positions when the user switches from the portrait to the landscape mode in the device. Also, in the updated Android platform, the virtual buttons auto-hide or can be changed to dots as per the wish of the user. On the other hand, iOS 6.1 uses a physical home button and the style and placement of the virtual buttons also depend on the app which is installed in the operating system.
2. The lock screen – In the case of Jelly Bean as well as iOS 6.1, the screen elements such as digital clock, date, and day are visible on the lock screen. Therefore the use of both lock screens is very simple. In the case of Android 4.2, the user needs to slide lock icon to unlock icon which is outside the ring in order to start accessing the features. If you are using iOS 6.1, just swiping the unlock slider will bring you to the main screen. Moreover, the updated versions of both operating systems have made usage easier by allowing users to put notification icons such as Siri, camera, and Google Now on the lock screen.
3. The home screen – This screen, in the case of both OS platforms, is one that will show to the user the apps that have been installed in the device. Both iOS and Android feature a search bar towards the upper part of the home screen and the app tray in the lower part. Both operating system versions also allow users to change the background of their apps as per their choice. The only difference is that while Jelly Bean allows the addition of widgets on the home screen, iOS 6.1 does not.
4. The notification system – In Jelly Bean it is known as the Notification Shade, and in iOS 6.1 it is known as Notification Center. This is the feature that groups all notifications of the user under a single column. The management of the notification system is however different in both OS platform versions. While Android 4.2 does not allow personalizing the Notification Shade, iOS 6.1 allows users to add widgets like that of weather, Twitter, Facebook, or Stock Exchange.
These were some of the basic differences between the latest versions of Google’s and Apple’s operating systems. Mobile analysts recommend Jelly Bean for users who prefer customization and iOS 6.1 for users who want superior features along with high security.
The author is associated with a trusted mobile application development company offer mobility solutions to enterprises. The team of Android, iPhone and iPad app developer has created more than 300 apps for clients.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Best Innovative And Featured Salesforce Training Online
Author: Riley Louis
2. Samsung Mobile Phone Repairs In The Uk
Author: Best Samsung Tablet Repair in the UK
3. Quick Services For Iphone 6s Plus Repair In Manchester
Author: Tony Blair
4. 3d Scanner Market Analysis, Size, Competitive Strategies And Forecasts To 2024
Author: Gomez R
5. The Top 10 Reasons You Should Implement Document Scanning
6. Ai Is Changing How Real Estate Professionals Do Business.
Author: Ramjee Yadav
7. How Ai Changed The Real Estate Industry
Author: Ramjee Yadav
8. How Retailers Can Use Mobile Apps During The Holidays
Author: Ramjee Yadav
9. Iphone 6 Repair Centre In The Uk
Author: iPhone 6 Services Cost in the UK
10. Playstation Plus Repairs In The Uk
Author: PlayStation Plus Repair Center in the UK
11. Dell Tablet Service Centre In The Uk
Author: Dell Service Centre in the UK
12. Qualities You Need To Know About Nintendo Ds
Author: Nintendo Repairer
13. Mobile Phone Services In The Uk
Author: Mobile Phone Repair Centre in the UK
14. Global Artificial Intelligence Chip Market
15. The Role Of Virtual Reality Experience In Different Sectors