ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
App Store Vs. Google Play: Which Is More Popular?
Total Articles: 185
The utility of smartphones and tablets is not fully realized without running effective mobile application in them. Apple and Google have long defeated the other major frameworks in winning the crown of the best mobile providers in the world. The iOS and Android platforms respectively are two of the most used and most trusted names in the world of mobile technology. Visit to the mobile application stores of both companies and downloading software of various categories from them is a common phenomenon. Let us discuss in brief how Apple’s App Store and Google’s Google Play compete with each other in various segments:
1. Number of developers both stores attract – According to recently concluded reports, Android owns over 50 percent of the total market share of smartphones. However, the same reports reveal that software developers are not as keen to build apps for the Android platform as they are for the iOS platform. The number of iOS app developers exceeds the number of Android developers by four times. Therefore, it would not be wrong to say that the App Store attracts a larger number of mobile application developers when compared to Google Play. This trend may largely be associated with the fact that developers have been associated with the Apple ecosystem long before they were acquainted with Google’s framework.
2. Cost to become a member – Both the App Store and Google Play demand membership fees from mobile app developers. This means that software designers have to incur costs before building apps for both mobile application stores. The membership fee of Google Play is lower than that charged by the App Store.
3. Number of free mobile apps featured – Mobile apps that can be downloaded for free are very popular among all sections of users. A survey of the App Store and the Google Play Store conducted in the year 2012 reveals that more free apps are available for using on the Android OS platform than on the iOS operating system. According to the survey 311,000 out of 430,000 Android apps could be downloaded for free; this means close to 72 percent of apps at Google Play were free applications. On the other hand, only 287,000 out of 615,000 iOS apps featured at the App Store could be downloaded for free; which implies a mere 46 percent of free iOS mobile applications.
4. Quality of user interface – Though Apple’s App Store is the oldest mobile application store, the Google Play Store has undergone prominent changes in the past couple of years to become the one with the better quality UI. For instance, Google renamed its store which was earlier known as the Android Market; it also added movies, music, and books at the store in an effort to design a more attractive and functional user interface.
The above comparative study is evidence of the fact that both the App Store and Google Play have their own share of advantages and restrictions. Based on the user’s needs and preferences, he/she chooses services of both frameworks.
One of the trusted enterprise applications development company has experienced team of app developer in Dallas. The iPad app development company has also created cross platform apps for enterprises from various verticals.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Best Innovative And Featured Salesforce Training Online
Author: Riley Louis
2. Samsung Mobile Phone Repairs In The Uk
Author: Best Samsung Tablet Repair in the UK
3. Quick Services For Iphone 6s Plus Repair In Manchester
Author: Tony Blair
4. 3d Scanner Market Analysis, Size, Competitive Strategies And Forecasts To 2024
Author: Gomez R
5. The Top 10 Reasons You Should Implement Document Scanning
6. Ai Is Changing How Real Estate Professionals Do Business.
Author: Ramjee Yadav
7. How Ai Changed The Real Estate Industry
Author: Ramjee Yadav
8. How Retailers Can Use Mobile Apps During The Holidays
Author: Ramjee Yadav
9. Iphone 6 Repair Centre In The Uk
Author: iPhone 6 Services Cost in the UK
10. Playstation Plus Repairs In The Uk
Author: PlayStation Plus Repair Center in the UK
11. Dell Tablet Service Centre In The Uk
Author: Dell Service Centre in the UK
12. Qualities You Need To Know About Nintendo Ds
Author: Nintendo Repairer
13. Mobile Phone Services In The Uk
Author: Mobile Phone Repair Centre in the UK
14. Global Artificial Intelligence Chip Market
15. The Role Of Virtual Reality Experience In Different Sectors