ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
App Store Vs. Google Play: Which Is More Popular?
Total Articles: 185
The utility of smartphones and tablets is not fully realized without running effective mobile application in them. Apple and Google have long defeated the other major frameworks in winning the crown of the best mobile providers in the world. The iOS and Android platforms respectively are two of the most used and most trusted names in the world of mobile technology. Visit to the mobile application stores of both companies and downloading software of various categories from them is a common phenomenon. Let us discuss in brief how Apple’s App Store and Google’s Google Play compete with each other in various segments:
1. Number of developers both stores attract – According to recently concluded reports, Android owns over 50 percent of the total market share of smartphones. However, the same reports reveal that software developers are not as keen to build apps for the Android platform as they are for the iOS platform. The number of iOS app developers exceeds the number of Android developers by four times. Therefore, it would not be wrong to say that the App Store attracts a larger number of mobile application developers when compared to Google Play. This trend may largely be associated with the fact that developers have been associated with the Apple ecosystem long before they were acquainted with Google’s framework.
2. Cost to become a member – Both the App Store and Google Play demand membership fees from mobile app developers. This means that software designers have to incur costs before building apps for both mobile application stores. The membership fee of Google Play is lower than that charged by the App Store.
3. Number of free mobile apps featured – Mobile apps that can be downloaded for free are very popular among all sections of users. A survey of the App Store and the Google Play Store conducted in the year 2012 reveals that more free apps are available for using on the Android OS platform than on the iOS operating system. According to the survey 311,000 out of 430,000 Android apps could be downloaded for free; this means close to 72 percent of apps at Google Play were free applications. On the other hand, only 287,000 out of 615,000 iOS apps featured at the App Store could be downloaded for free; which implies a mere 46 percent of free iOS mobile applications.
4. Quality of user interface – Though Apple’s App Store is the oldest mobile application store, the Google Play Store has undergone prominent changes in the past couple of years to become the one with the better quality UI. For instance, Google renamed its store which was earlier known as the Android Market; it also added movies, music, and books at the store in an effort to design a more attractive and functional user interface.
The above comparative study is evidence of the fact that both the App Store and Google Play have their own share of advantages and restrictions. Based on the user’s needs and preferences, he/she chooses services of both frameworks.
One of the trusted enterprise applications development company has experienced team of app developer in Dallas. The iPad app development company has also created cross platform apps for enterprises from various verticals.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Threat Intelligence Market To Reach A Market Size Of $9.6 Billion By 2023
Author: Shivani Singh
2. E-discovery: A New Era In Investigation
Author: alok tamrakar
3. Youtube For Enterprises – The New Age Video For Content
Author: Amanda Todd
4. How Internet Of Things Will Changing Today’s World?
5. A Few Things To Know About Iphone Repair Centre
Author: Angel Smith
6. How Music Can Heal Your Mind And Soul
Author: Rioven Schmidt
7. Why Install Energy Saving Sensors?
8. Xbox Server Issues Affecting Sign-in, Purchasing & Updates
Author: Angel Smith
9. Four Different Issues To Look Out For In Metal 3d Printing
Author: 3D Spectra Technologies LLP
10. Armor Your Laptop In Style With Printable Laptop Sleeves
Author: Denesh Yadav
11. How Robotics-inspired Toys Help Your Child’s Development
Author: KinderLab Robotics
12. Advantages Of A Disaster Recovery Plan
Author: Noah Truax
13. Xbox Repair & Replacement Services – Issues & Solutions
Author: Angel Smith
14. Industrial Control Systems Security Market Growth
15. Why It Is Essential To Choose Expert Phone Repair Services
Author: Phone Repairer