ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Details Of 3 Top Hotels Of Darjeeling
Total Articles: 211
In Darjeeling, there are many good hotels loaded with features and amenities to cater to the needs of the visitors. If you are planning your next tour to Darjeeling, booking your hotel should be one of your first tasks. You should choose the hotels based on the features and services they provide and whether they fit your needs. Here are some hotels, with their features, from which you can choose for your stay in Darjeeling:
1. Windamere hotel:
This wonderful colonial property is located along the Mall road and the pathway leading to the top of the Observatory Hill, and is now the only property in The Observatory Hill. Visit www.windamerehotel.com to know more.
It used to be a boarding home for the British tea planters in the 1800s. They needed a good place to stay and rest when away from home and Windamere provided them with the solution. The property was then called ‘Ada Villa’. With the beginning of the Second World War, the British planters started vacating the place and the property became empty.
A honeymoon paradise:
Windamere is indeed a honeymoon paradise. It has exclusive honeymoon suites and cottages at their romantic best. The suites can also be ideal for a couple or a family looking for privacy coupled with the lovely views of the eastern Himalayas.
Over the years, Windamere hotel has received many flattering awards and coveted accolades. It received the 3rd position in the 10 Top Colonial Hotels in the Asia Pacific in 2009. It was also a part of the World’s Best Colonial Hotels as listed by the Sunday Times, London in 2007.
Windamere has its own set of artists, who perform the song and dance of the hills in an outdoor setting. ‘Ghazals’ are also performed in the intimate setting of the hotel’s Bearpark’s Parlour.
The Christmas week at Windamere runs from 18th December to 1st January every year, and is being celebrated at the hotel since 1939.
2. Cedar Inn
The Cedar Inn is located high above Jalapahar Road and is hence far away from the crowded town and is surrounded by tranquil peace. It has spacious and clean rooms and boasts 2 star category amenities.
Backup power generator
First aid kit
Internet available onsite
Mobile phone reception
Non- smoking rooms/ floor
Restaurants, serving Indian, Chinese, Continental and local dishes.
3. Himalayan Resort
It is a leading 3 star hotel of Darjeeling renowned for offering excellent services and a wide range of facilities. It is located in the City Centre offering easy access to various destinations in and around the city. Notable places just near the hotel include the business centre, the mall, and other happening places.
17 fully furnished rooms
A multi cuisine restaurant
Car rental facility
Doctor on request
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family