ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Places To Visit In Darjeeling
Total Articles: 211
Darjeeling, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is a popular tourist destination known for its tea industry and Darjeeling Himalayan Railway. It is a famous hill resort located south of Sikkim in north Bengal. The tourist flow of this place has only increased day by day.
Summers- The climate in Darjeeling remains in a pleasant mood during the summers. It starts in April and lasts till June, with maximum temperature of 25 degree Celsius.
Winters- The winter creeps in by Decembers and is over by February. The temperature drops to 1 degree Celsius, and is accompanies with rain and heavy mist towards the end of December. December also experiences heavy snowfall.
Best season- May- June and September- November.
Clothing- wear light woollens in the summers and heavy woollens if visiting in the winters.
Hotels- There are many good hotels in Darjeeling offering all amenities and services you may need. There are many 4 star and 5 star hotels as well. Choose a good one with provisions for power back up, 24 hours hot running water, room heaters, and other features that you may need. Visit www.windamerehotel.com to know more.
Places to visit in Darjeeling:
1. Ghoom: Ghoom boasts to be the highest toy train railway station in the world. It is located at a distance of 7km from Darjeeling. It also has the famous Yiga Choling Monastery of Gelupa sect, built in 1875.
2. Batasia Loop and War Memorial: It is located at 5 km from Darjeeling on the way to Ghoom. It has the narrow gauge railway line that takes a complete loop owing to incredible engineering feat. There’s a war memorial that has a 3 meter high bronze statue of a Gorkha soldier. The memorial has names of martyrs, who sacrificed their lives for the country in the Kargil war, inscribed on it. The place offers a scenic view of the western valley. 2 or 3 vendors come with special binoculars which can give you the view of Nepal and China border, as claimed by the vendors.
3. Tiger Hill: From a height of 8500ft, the Tiger Hill gives one of the most unforgettable views of the Kanchenjunga during the sunrise. On a clear day, you can also catch a view of Everest, Lhotse, and Makalu. Sunrise from Tiger Hills is like a ball of fire emerging from the bosom of the earth and transforming the white snow of Kanchenjunga into fiery crimson.
4. Rangit Valley Ropeway: Floating high above the tea gardens and lush green valleys, the ropeway will take you to the Tukkar Valley tea estate from the North Point.
5. Rock gardens: The Rock Gardens has many gorgeous waterfalls with white foamy water. It also has many colourful and exotic flowers. Be careful when driving down to the Rock Gardens as the condition of the road is not very favourable for drivers.
6. Nightingale (shrubbery) Park: This scenic park has many beautiful waterfalls that emanate from the Shiva temple. The park plays a host to different Nepali dances in the evening.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family