ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Is Tablet Adoption Rate Rising Over Smartphone Usage?
Total Articles: 185
Recently concluded research reports claim that the shipment rate of tablets is going up each year. The same reports are of the opinion that most organizations worldwide are upgrading to the tablet from the smartphone as part of their mobilization strategy. Does this mean that the tablet has replaced the smartphone as the most preferred mobile device? Indeed the rapid growth in the tablet adoption rate is comparable to the earlier surge of smartphone adoption. The market share derived from the sale of tablets is significantly higher than that of the sale of smartphones. Let us take a look at some factors that contribute to the phenomenon of higher tablet adoption rate worldwide:
1. The resistance to use of touch screens has reduced – Before the advent of the smartphone, mobile users were not much acquainted with the concept of touch screen technology. Since a large percentage of the target audience was still uncomfortable and not familiar with the use of touch screens, it took some time before the sales of smartphones could pick up. However, the same theory does not hold true in the case of tablets, since the touch screen operating system has already evolved as a mainstream technology with the rapid rise in the adoption of smartphones at the workplace and for personal usage. Since the awareness of the average consumer is high, the adoption rate of tablets is not affected by the touch screen technology.
2. The growth in the use of mobile applications – It is an established fact that the utility of mobile devices enhances with the installation or downloading of mobile applications in them. This means that a mobile device will fail to provide as much functionality as it generally does if apps are not running on it. The greater deployment of apps has led to the development of the major OS platforms. As the application base for the platforms grows constantly, the functionalities and utilities of the apps have also become more practical. While it took a greater amount of time for the smartphone to develop its apps running on its platforms, the same apps came in the developed format for tablets, and hence a greater number of users adopted tablets more quickly than they did smartphones.
3. Greater variety of tablet platforms available – When the smartphone was invented, Apple and its iOS platform was the only option available for mobile users. It was at least after six to seven quarters of the advent of the iPhone that the first Android smartphone was launched, followed by other major OS platforms. For a tablet, however, all the operating systems and mobile applications running in them have been available since the invention of the mobile device. With the saturation that had set in the smartphone market, most users were enthusiastic about shifting to use of the tablet.
The current surge in the manufacture of tablets in the mobile market and the increased rate of tablet adoption is largely driven by the availability of good quality software in the world market. Moreover, the software that is installed and run in tablets is also available at cost effective prices. But mobile market researchers have posed a very pertinent opinion, which has made a larger part of the target audience to also think about the proposition, which is that it was smartphone adoption that has paved the path for tablet adoption.
A mobile app development company backed by a team of renowned app developer in Dallas. The iPhone developers in Dallas TX has created more than 300 applications for clients from various industry verticals.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Threat Intelligence Market To Reach A Market Size Of $9.6 Billion By 2023
Author: Shivani Singh
2. E-discovery: A New Era In Investigation
Author: alok tamrakar
3. Youtube For Enterprises – The New Age Video For Content
Author: Amanda Todd
4. How Internet Of Things Will Changing Today’s World?
5. A Few Things To Know About Iphone Repair Centre
Author: Angel Smith
6. How Music Can Heal Your Mind And Soul
Author: Rioven Schmidt
7. Why Install Energy Saving Sensors?
8. Xbox Server Issues Affecting Sign-in, Purchasing & Updates
Author: Angel Smith
9. Four Different Issues To Look Out For In Metal 3d Printing
Author: 3D Spectra Technologies LLP
10. Armor Your Laptop In Style With Printable Laptop Sleeves
Author: Denesh Yadav
11. How Robotics-inspired Toys Help Your Child’s Development
Author: KinderLab Robotics
12. Advantages Of A Disaster Recovery Plan
Author: Noah Truax
13. Xbox Repair & Replacement Services – Issues & Solutions
Author: Angel Smith
14. Industrial Control Systems Security Market Growth
15. Why It Is Essential To Choose Expert Phone Repair Services
Author: Phone Repairer