ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Exterminators - Just What Do They Do?
Total Articles: 37
Once an offer is made on a new home, the new homeowners have a whole new set of responsibilities. Often times, one of the first requirements that a mortgage lender will make is a contract for pest extermination services. Routine pest control services are an important part of home ownership and a proven way to protect your investment.
When becoming a home owner there is no shortage of new and different things to learn about. Learning more about exterminators and their services can help you make a good decision about what Phoenix pest control company to choose. Here are a few of the things you should know before picking a pest exterminator in Phoenix.
What does an exterminator do?
• An exterminator doesn’t just spray for bugs. He has several jobs to do to properly protect and treat your new home.
• Inspect. His first job is to inspect you home and see what issues may be present. He should be thorough and detailed in his examination, looking in the attic and crawlspaces and inside the foundation. He should not ignore the yard and surround property. Look for him to use a flashlight and perhaps other tools in his inspection.
• Diagnose. Your Phoenix exterminator should give you a detailed report on his findings and a diagnosis for what he has seen. He should be able to give you an estimation of what damage has been done, its location and its severity.
• Plan. Once he has determined what, if any, pests are present he should give you a detailed plan of action. This plan should include options for environmentally safe choices as well as traditional methods. The choice is ultimately up to the homeowner so do you research before choosing.
• Eliminate. The exterminator will execute the plan of action chosen by the homeowner. This should be done in a timely manner so that the problems do not worsen. Appointments should be kept and treatments done on time and effectively.
• Protect. His plan should include protective measures that will help you maintain a pest-free home for many years to come. This should include a plan for regularly scheduled visits to treat for termites and to check for other issues.
• Advise. A good exterminator should be able to guide a homeowner and advise him on pest control when its needed. He or someone from his company should be available for emergencies like finding a hornets’ nest or seeing a snake. He should be able to answer questions like how to get rid of rats in your home.
Questions to ask.
When choosing a pest control services provider, there are a few questions you should ask.
• Are you state and/or federally licensed?
• What guarantees do you offer?
• Are your employees subjected to criminal background checks?
• What compensation do you offer should your employee break something in the home or damage the structure?
• What chemical do you use and are they safe for children and/or pets?
• Do you use environmentally “green” products when available?
Owning a home is a lot of responsibility but it also offers a great deal of pride and satisfaction. Protect your new home with good quality Phoenix pest control services and you largest investment will be safe for many years to come.
Article Source: Invader.net
Home and Garden Articles1. What Is The Need To Have Removal Tree And Stump?
Author: Elly Knights
2. 4 Things To Consider For Finding The Right Upholstery Cleaning In London
Author: Nick Koych
3. Create A Great 1st Impression With Granite In Your Office Space
4. Common Residential Plumbing Issues
Author: Bob Sander
5. Warning Signs That You Need To Repaint Your Home
Author: Shane Habib
6. Take Stunning Pictures Of Your Fairy Garden
Author: Florence Blum
7. Hiring Professionals To Install Window Film In Palm Beach Gardens
8. Tile Cleaning Melbourne Service: - Wipe Out Your Dirty Tiles
Author: Elly Smith
9. Turbo Cowl Prevents Rain Water, Entrance Of Wild Creatures And Down Draught In The Most Efficient Ma
Author: Jerry Baily
10. If Home Remedies Doesn’t Work To Stop Shower Leaking Call The Experts
Author: Jordan Curr
11. Things You Need To Be Careful Of Before Booking A Pest Control Service
Author: Jordan Romilly
12. The Landscape Constructing Has Been Beneficial To A Greater Extent
Author: Brodie Clogstoun
13. Exclusive Ideas To Decorate Your Roof In A Different Way
Author: Michael Gilmore
14. Things You Need To Be Aware Of The Gutters Of Your Roof
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
15. An Earlier Confirmation Of A Building's Framework Is Needful
Author: Adam Leworthy