ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Android Security: A Brief Overview
Total Articles: 185
Android is a modern operating system that was meant to be entirely open from the very beginning of its inception. The mobile apps running on the Android platform use advanced software & hardware and served & local data in order to introduce both unique ideas & value to the customers. However, in order to maintain consumer value, the OS platform must also ensure security of data being used in the app development process, and security of the network, device it is being installed in, & the users of the operating system as a whole.
Being an open platform, Android requires rigorous security architecture & robust security programs; only a multi layered structure can ensure flexibility of security issues that is required for proper functioning of open operating systems. If these features were not provided by the Android platform, users would not have enjoyed the level of protection that they now see in Google’s operating system; this would in turn have led to a decline in the number of users opting for the platform for development or running of apps. However, Google had designed the Android platform keeping in mind the expectations of mobile app developers. In an attempt to reduce the burden upon software designers, Android has included flexible security controls. For amateur developers who are not familiar with these security policies, there are safe default options which help keep the mobile apps running on the platform secure.
In an attempt to satisfy the security expectations of app developers, Android has not ignored the security of mobile device users. Every customer of the OS platform can enjoy features such as greater visibility of the working pattern of Android. What is more, users can also control the working of the Android apps as per their needs. These security features have been included in the Android platform so as to prevent common virus attacks like social engineering attacks. Moreover, every Android user is advised to use malware in order to reduce the effect of any virus that may attack the Android software, especially in third party apps. In fact, Google has designed the Android OS in such a way that the probabilities of virus attacks are diminished and the impact of their attack is successfully limited.
Brief of the Android Security Program
The key components of this security guide include:
1. Design Review – The Android design model is rich & configurable; this is the reason why the security process starts very early in the development cycle. The features of the operating system are reviewed by engineering sources so as to integrate controls in the architecture.
2. Code Review and Penetration Testing – The open source components are reviewed thoroughly in Android. An Information Security Engineering team of Google, along with Android’s own security team and a group of independent security consultants conduct reviews of the platform in order to identify any vulnerability or weakness.
3. Community Review and Open Source – The Open Source Project of Android allows all interested parties to conduct broad security reviews. Open source technology like Linux kernel is also used to externally review the security standards & simulate security analysis.
Being an open and one of the most popular OS platforms, Android is a target for hackers. However, the strict security standards maintained by the operating system ensure its safety for developers and users.
Copper Mobile is counted amongst leading mobile app developer with experience of working on cross platform development. The firm has experienced teams of iPhone app developer, iOS, Blackberry and android app developer to meet customized demands of clients.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. At&t Unite Pro Vs Mifi Liberate
2. Affordable Adelaide Cabling Solutions Available By Licensed Electrician
Author: Brown Ross
3. Importance Of Iot Security Compliance
4. Has Your Mobile App Passed All Tests Before Launching?
Author: Hvantage Technologies
5. Integration Testing Is An Important Step In Development Process
Author: Hvantage Technologies
6. How To Choose The Best Projectors For Your School
Author: Vivency Global
7. Is Rfid Really The Future Of Event Identification?
Author: Roland Ted
8. The Top Five Things You Need To Know In Hotel Digital Marketing
Author: Deepak Chauhan
9. How Do You Fix An Itunes Sync Error On Wi-fi?
10. The Most Effective Method To Find App Developers With The Perfect Skill Set For Your Project
11. A Virtual Number For Maintaining Your Solitude
Author: muhammad AK
12. 2 Major Types Of Computer Recycling
Author: Kelly Sanchez
13. Machine Learning With Golang
14. How To Cancel Amazon Prime Membership
Author: Aida Martin
15. 6 Major Tools For Android Developers
Author: Daniel Carl