ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Android App Development Fundamentals: How To Get Started With Android
Total Articles: 185
Understanding the app development process on Android OS platform is very important for mobile app developers worldwide since Android is one of the most popular & most used operating systems. The demand for Android mobile apps has shown a rapid rise over the past few years; every enterprise today hires the services of mobile app development companies where designers are skilled in the techniques of development for the Android platform. Here we discuss about the fundamentals of Android app development & provide you tips for starting the development process on the Android platform.
1. The Java programming language is used for writing every Android mobile application. The Android SDK tools are used for compiling the code during the development process; the resource files & data are also compiled in the Android package under a file name which has an .apk suffix. These files are later used by all mobile devices running the Android OS to install the Android apps.
2. The Android OS platform comes in the form of a multi user Linux system. This means that every app will be assigned a Linux user ID by the system it is installed in. The user ID is required in order to access the files that the system sets in Android mobile apps. One Android application’s code runs independently of other Android app codes since the platform provides the VM (virtual machine) system. It is by default that all Android mobile apps run in their own Linux processes. This is the reason why Android is often considered one of the most secure OS platforms for mobile app development.
3. Android is an open platform. This characteristic of the operating system is applied by developers to carry out effective application distribution. Unlike all other major OS platforms, the Android apps can be directly installed in a mobile device using a USB cable or the Android Market services. Moreover, no restrictions are imposed by Google on the Android Market; the distribution framework charges a nominal fee of $25 once an app developer registers with it and then the revenues earned from app sales from the Android Market are split 70/30. Since a larger part of the revenue goes to the carriers, Google makes only a small amount spent behind distribution costs from the Android Market.
4. The basic development cycle followed for creating apps that can run on the Android platform is quite similar to the process followed for other operating systems. The cycle begins with planning and proceeds to coding in the IDE, testing in an emulated environment, and lastly testing on mobile devices that are directly attached. When a mobile application developer is ready for releasing an Android app in the mobile market, he/she merely needs to log in to Android Market and upload it. Every app uploaded in the Android Market comes with a manifest file that clearly states the mobile device features required for installing the app & running it successfully.
Designed generally for touch screen devices like smartphones & tablets, the Android operating system has inspired software developers worldwide, since its founding year 2007, to design some of the most unique apps covering a wide range of functionality like gaming, weather, entertainment, education, travel, business, etc. The open standards maintained by Android have been its key to becoming a highly accepted platform for mobile app development.
Be it app development and iPhone apps development , Copper Mobile has created a niche for itself in the mobility arena. The Android application development company has provided solutions to Cienna, Cisco, Verizon and has partnered with Samsung to take its mobility initiative.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. How do I Change linksys router password?
Author: carter lee
2. Global Smart Insulin Pen Market Size
Author: Shivani Singh
3. Safety Of Schools, Residential Societies And Hospitals
4. Why To Opt For An Android App Development India
Author: Rajeev S
5. Integrated Security Solutions – Business Benefits
Author: Rehan khan
6. Android App Development: How To Promote Your Apps Through Content Marketing And Mobile Marketing
Author: Ramjee Yadav
7. Features To Check Out When You Buy An Hd Tv
Author: Tanjni Pache
8. Dell Laptop Problems And Their Solutions
Author: Amaia Smith
9. Global Digital Pen Market Size
Author: Shivani Singh
10. Dell Venue Laptop Repair In The Uk
Author: Dell Repairer
11. Check Out The Significant And Potential Carbon Nanotubes Uses
Author: Samidha Harinna
12. Global Fuel Cards Market
13. Hp Chromebook Screen Repair The Uk
14. Twitter Marketing Tips For 2018
Author: Nik Gallagher
15. Expanded Reality Development In Medical Practices
Author: Ramjee Yadav