ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
Why Are Linen Garments So Popular?
Total Articles: 211
Fashion-conscious people typically have unique, different tastes and preferences of their own. However, most (if not all) of them would agree on one fact – linen garments carry a distinct aura of class and sophistication about them. Over the recent years, linen garments have emerged as the preferred choice among users with a penchant for panache in their garments, leaving even cotton materials behind. Over here, we would look at some of the reasons why linen products enjoy so much of popularity all across the world:
• Greater comfort levels – Made from flax plants, linen is a natural fabric. They also help in quick absorption of body sweat, even after having been worn for a long time. This, in turn, allows the wearer to enjoy a nice, cool and dry feel, at all times.
• Strength and durability – Linen garments easily score over their cotton counterparts, as far as the durability of the material is concerned.
• Eco-friendliness – Linen is produced from natural resources and requires much less energy supplies and water, during their manufacturing process (in comparison with cotton). Since linen has biodegradable properties as well, it helps in environmental preservation too.
• High moisture absorbing properties – Linen garments are very good moisture absorbents.
• Increasing softness with every wash – While linen clothes are comfortable during their first wear itself, the material tends to get increasingly softer with every succeeding wash. This, in turn, simply enhances the pleasure of wearing linen garments over time!
• Easy to clean – The procedure of cleaning and drying linen garments is extremely simple. In fact, the material can be dry cleaned as well. When washed and ironed properly, linen apparels offer a nice, fresh, crisp feeling to all wearers.
• Resistance to abrasion – The inherent strength of linen ensures that it does not get easily damaged due to abrasion. The material is lint-free, and does not get affected by insect attacks either.
• Utility as an underwear material – Since linen is resistant to fungus and/or bacteria growth, it is often used as the material to produce underwear. They do not cause any type of skin irritation whatsoever.
• Availability in different varieties – Much to the delight of shoppers, a wide array of linen products is available in the market, for customers to choose from. The price levels vary according to the type of the linen selected.
• Medical benefits – Linen garments have been proven to offer significant medical advantages as well. It does not trigger off any type of skin allergies, and also helps in tackling feverishness. Certain nerve-related benefits can also be had, by wearing linen clothes.
• Resistance to rotting – The fiber of the flax plant (from which linen is produced) contains silica. The latter, in turn, prevents linen items from rotting.
While linen is generally understood to be a garment material, it is also widely used to make different bedding items, including bed sheets, and cases for pillows. While learning all about linen fabric , you should also be aware of the fact that it protects the human skin from harmful solar radiations. This property takes up the overall utility of linen by several notches.
Put on a chic and stylish linen garment, and stride out in confidence. You will find the appreciative murmurs among onlookers much to your liking!
Fashion/Costume Articles1. Make It A Post Valentine’s Engagement
Author: Olivia E Shoemaker
2. Essential Items That Powerful Businesswomen Must Have In Their Wardrobe
Author: Ashish Malik
3. Do You Need A New Style Fashion Consultant?
Author: Scott Wolstein
4. 6 Tips And Tricks For Unique Mother's Day Gift Buying
Author: Annie Reh
5. 3 Dazzling Dresses That Make Your 30-something Bridesmaids Look Like A Million Bucks
Author: Jane Wang
6. Buy Xxxl T Shirts Online In India
Author: Prashant Shrivastav
7. Casio G-shock Analog Digital Ga-110dc-2a Men’s Watch
Author: Jasson C
8. Why Shoe Trees Are Essential For Your Blucher Shoe Care
Author: Dan Zapatka
9. Commonly Faced Issues In The Fashion Industry
Author: Olivia James
10. Fashion Designing Course In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar
11. Set Out For Party With These Fashion Tips – Men’s Fashion Guide
Author: Anshul Mewade
12. Quelled Earrings - Fancy Yet Light On Your Lobes
Author: Stylofi Fashion
13. Fashion Designing Institute In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar
14. Green Wall In Delhi Ncr
15. Citizen Eco-drive Chronograph Ca0285-01e Mens Watch : Sharp, Simple And Spectacular
Author: Jasson C