ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
All About The Winspear Centre
Total Articles: 211
The Francis Winspear Centre for Music is located in Downtown Edmonton. It is a multi-purpose place used for hosting different types of performing arts like theatre, music, and dance. Established in the year 1997, it was named after Dr. Francis Winspear in order to pay tribute to the amount of $6 million that he contributed for the construction of the building. The concert hall has a seating capacity of over 1,700 people; it can rise over 1,900 when seating is offered in the choir space above the main stage.
The Francis Winspear Centre for Music is considered to be one of best concert centers in Canada. It hosts some of the most significant shows in the country. If you are planning to go for a day out in Edmonton, you should never forget to catch a show at the Winspear Centre. Strategically located in the heart of The Arts District, it can be easily accessible by car, bus, and Edmonton pedway system.
However, when you are travelling to Downtown Edmonton to watch a show at the Winspear Centre, it will be highly improbable if you miss out on the fun-filled side of the area. In order to help you out, here are the following things you must know about to utilize your entire day and have an amazing experience:
The downtown area of Edmonton offers some premium- end hotels. As this busy area is always buzzing with people, there are numerous accommodation arrangements for the people visiting here. Some preferred hotels in this area are Union Bank Inn, Crowne Plaza Chateau Lacombe, and The Westin Edmonton.
Places to visit:
Following is the list of places you can visit –
• Chinatown: Chinatown is divided into two parts: Chinatown South and Chinatown North. Chinatown South is the older part, and is easily recognized by the famous Harbin Gate which is the entrance to the area. Situated at 102nd Avenue and 97th Street, this place is popular for authentic Chinese stores and restaurants.
• Edmonton City Hall: Located on the eastern side of Downtown, Edmonton City Hall was completed in the year 1992. Gene Dub designed the award winning architecture of the City Hall. The hall has two glass and steel pyramids and a 200-foot clock tower. While one pyramid is used for provide natural light to the main atrium area, the other one to the council chambers. People can enjoy festivals and events in the City Hall as it is open to the public.
• Alberta Legislative Building: With a rich history and stunning architecture, the Alberta Legislative Building is something you should never miss.
• Kingsway Mall: Kingsway Mall is the second largest mall in Edmonton and the largest in the Downtown area. Opened in 1976, it has more than 200 stores and services. It is obviously the perfect place if you love shopping.
• Manulife Place: Currently the tallest building in Edmonton, Manulife Place is an office building and shopping centre. Completed in 1983, it is situated at the corner of 101 Street and 102 Avenue.
The location of Winspear Centre in the downtown area makes it ideal to experience some of the best restaurants Edmonton has to offer. You can either go for dinner before the show begins, or grab a platter after the show. No matter what you choose, you will surely discover excellent restaurants all located near the Winspear Centre.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Meal Delivery Toronto – Using Technology To Get Cooked Food
Author: oliver shin
2. A Brand That You Can Trust: Sunimpex
Author: Himanshu Sen
3. Green Tea:- Remedy For All The Health Problems
Author: Abhishek Dixit
4. Feel Good By Searching American Foods In The Streets Of London
Author: Mathew Gomes
5. Join Teafloor Monthly Tea Box Subscription
6. 10 Best Breakfast Around The World
Author: Dominik Banzon
7. Why Health Conscious Use Organic Fertilizers For Their Plants
8. Where To Find Wholesale Vape Mods And The Newest Mod Technology
Author: Ben Oesterling
9. The Margarita Truck And The Science And Art Of Margarita Making
Author: Justin Prietto
10. For Events In Beverly Hills And Malibu, Taco Catering Cuts It
Author: Justin Prietto
11. Avocado: A Vital Component Of Tacos And Taco Cart Catering
Author: Justin Prietto
12. 5 Myths About Pizza That Are Simply Bogus
Author: Laurie Hekeik
13. Alcohol Delivery Singapore – Enhancing The Party Pleasures Of Singaporeans!
Author: Vicky Mamoria
14. Get Your Kids Hooked On Veggies And Fruits
Author: Karen Williams
15. These Are The Qualities That Make A Good Restaurant Stand Out
Author: Nadia Turov