ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Mediterranean Dishes – Two Of The Best!
Total Articles: 211
The topic of Mediterranean preparations is bound to crop up, during any discussion about tasty international cuisine. Over the passage of time, these dishes, which typically contain healthy whole grains, olive oil, vegetables and fish/meat, have come to be appreciated by food-lovers, from all parts of the world. Italian dishes and Mediterranean cuisine also successfully busts the popular myth that, healthy food items necessarily have a bland taste. With a perfect combination of healthiness and the yum-factor, these cuisines can really fulfil all your gastronomic cravings, in the best possible manner. In what follows, we would focus on the recipes of two frequently chosen Mediterranean dishes, which are tasty as well as hygienic:
Red Wine Risotto (A Starter Dish):
The red wine risotto is one of the most popular appetizers, which are served in the various high-end restaurants of Italy. As the name of the preparation itself suggests, it is prepared with generous helpings of good quality dry red wine. The recipe and method of preparation of this risotto is presented in brief below:
• Have all the ingredients ready at hand – Apart from red wine, you will need garlic, olive oil, onions (chopped), rice (risotto) tomato puree/paste and beef broth (with sodium content as per health standards), to prepare the risotto. While choosing the wine, it is advisable to select Pinot Noir or Barbaresco, for maximum taste. Salt and pepper are also, of course, required, according to taste.
• Heat the beef broth – Use a plate, or a saucepan, to heat up the broth, on an oven. Make sure that the temperature you select is not too high, since that can result in the broth getting a burnt taste. Bring the broth to simmer, and then bring down the heating temperature gradually, so that the former is properly steamed.
• Prepare the other ingredients – The olive oil has to be heated up, at low to medium temperatures, and the other ingredients (like, risotto rice, onion and garlic) have to be added to it. Keep stirring the mixture, while it is being heated.
• Add the broth and red wine to the mixture – Next, add the heated broth to the mixture of the other ingredients that you have just prepared. Do not add the broth all at once; instead, add small amounts of it (about half a cup) repeatedly. The red wine also has to be added to the mixture, along with the broth. Continuously stir the preparation, till the liquid content mostly dries off. Continue this process until the risotto rice becomes soft and the entire mix gets a rich, creamy appearance. You can add pepper and/or grated cheese on the risotto (for additional taste), and serve it hot.
Grilled Eggplant Pizza (A Main Course item):
If you are all for ensuring a perfect mix of health and tastiness in your main meal, you would surely find the grilled eggplant pizza much to your liking. It can be prepared with minimum of fuss, and within a quarter of an hour or so. You can prepare this yummy and filling pizza by:
• Arranging for the ingredients – For preparing this pizza, all that you require is fresh, whole-wheat dough, eggplant (properly sliced), olive oil, mint and cheese. Salt and pepper need to be added according to your taste.
• Heating the oil with the eggplants and the other ingredients – Pour the olive oil in a spacious bowl, and add the sliced eggplants to it. Start grilling the mixture, and stir continuously. You have to add the salt and grounded pepper at this stage too. Keep grilling for about ten minutes. Add the other ingredients, like cheese, mint and tomatoes (if you like) during this time as well.
• Cooking the pizza dough – The dough has to be properly heated up, on an oven, with single or dual burners. Make sure that both sides of the dough get equally cooked, to maintain the uniformity of taste. Grill the dough next, after dividing it into, ideally, four slices.
• Adding the eggplant mix to the grilled dough – You can now add the mixture of eggplants and other ingredients to the pizza crusts. Select toppings as per your preferences, and add them too. Grill the entire preparation now, and do keep rotating the pizza from time to time. Keep the cooking utensil covered, so that there is no loss of flavour.
• Season the pizza – Add mint and/or clove to the pizza, before serving it hot.
Most Mediterranean dishes offer a judicious mix of cholesterol, fibre content, calories, carbohydrates, proteins, minerals, and other necessary items. The taste of these preparations is also at par with the best of any other form of cuisine, as many food experts would vouch. Start trying to prepare Mediterranean dishes at home, and give yourself and your family a really healthy and tasty treat!
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Meal Delivery Toronto – Using Technology To Get Cooked Food
Author: oliver shin
2. A Brand That You Can Trust: Sunimpex
Author: Himanshu Sen
3. Green Tea:- Remedy For All The Health Problems
Author: Abhishek Dixit
4. Feel Good By Searching American Foods In The Streets Of London
Author: Mathew Gomes
5. Join Teafloor Monthly Tea Box Subscription
6. 10 Best Breakfast Around The World
Author: Dominik Banzon
7. Why Health Conscious Use Organic Fertilizers For Their Plants
8. Where To Find Wholesale Vape Mods And The Newest Mod Technology
Author: Ben Oesterling
9. The Margarita Truck And The Science And Art Of Margarita Making
Author: Justin Prietto
10. For Events In Beverly Hills And Malibu, Taco Catering Cuts It
Author: Justin Prietto
11. Avocado: A Vital Component Of Tacos And Taco Cart Catering
Author: Justin Prietto
12. 5 Myths About Pizza That Are Simply Bogus
Author: Laurie Hekeik
13. Alcohol Delivery Singapore – Enhancing The Party Pleasures Of Singaporeans!
Author: Vicky Mamoria
14. Get Your Kids Hooked On Veggies And Fruits
Author: Karen Williams
15. These Are The Qualities That Make A Good Restaurant Stand Out
Author: Nadia Turov