ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Spend An Exciting Christmas At Darjeeling
Total Articles: 211
Festivals and celebrations have always been a part of the Indian lifestyle. While the typically Indian festivals are celebrated amidst great fanfare in the country, several Western traditions are also observed with much enthusiasm here. Two fine examples in this regard would be the celebrations during Christmas and Easter – both of them being traditionally Christian festivals, but offering a source of considerable fun and enjoyment to people from all parts of India. The hill stations, in particular, take on a whole new mesmerizing look during Christmas. Let us take a look at some of the things you can check out, provided you spend your Christmas at Darjeeling, one of the most popular tourist destinations during this time of the year:
• See beautiful floral decorations and lighting arrangements – The mall and the marketplace of Darjeeling are decorated with flowers and electric bulbs, on the occasion of Christmas. Many new and attractive decorative styles are put on show to celebrate the day. A walk along the beautifully lighted Darjeeling Mall during the Christmas evening would definitely be a pleasurable experience.
• Try out the famous eating joints – If you are in the mood to lend a dash of the Christmas celebrations to your taste buds as well, you can try out the some of the well-known restaurants at Darjeeling. Special Christmas menus are prepared at most of the local eating joints. The exquisite manner in which the hotels and eateries are decorated also serves to whet the appetite even more.
• Sing along joyous Christmas carols – You can spend the day singing along lovely Christmas hymns and carols, to celebrate the day. Attending the service at the St. Andrew’s Church in Darjeeling is also likely to appeal to your senses. A wide range of nativity programs and enjoyable cultural functions are also arranged in different parts of this quaint hill station on the day of Christmas.
• Interact with people from different communities – Darjeeling is the chosen destination for many enthusiastic tourists, who wish to make their Christmas celebrations special. Go out and about, interact with fellow travelers (hailing from different religious classes and communities), and get the thrill of having fun with everyone else.
• Experience a ‘white’ Christmas – If it actually snows in Darjeeling during Christmas, you would be in for some really ethereal sights. The snow-capped roads, buildings and hills bring an authentic Christmas feel to the place. Provided that the snowfall is not too heavy, you can spend a quite memorable day among the pristine white snowflakes!
• Get a taste of Christmas cakes – When it comes to the sheer taste and quality of Christmas cakes, few other Indian locations can come close to matching up to the standards of Darjeeling. Try out lip-smacking cake slices, pies and puddings, and revel in the experience.
• Spend some time with Santa – What is a Christmas without a live Santa Claus, right? At Darjeeling, you will find people dressed as Santa, distributing chocolates, sweets and other small gifts, much to the delight of kids. Make it a point to hit the streets of Darjeeling with your little one on the day of Christmas, and there may be some Santa-magic waiting for you!
• Revel in the festivities arranged at the top hotels – Many of the renowned hotels of Darjeeling arrange an exciting line of programs, for the guests to enjoy, during the entire Christmas week. Christmas hotel celebration warrants special mention in this regard. Noted performers, from different countries, are present here to wow the audience, and help you get that international touch that Christmas has always been associated with.
Make this Christmas a memorable one, by celebrating it in Darjeeling. The picturesque surroundings, the grand celebrations, and the sheer amount of fun and enjoyment that this hill station promises will leave you craving for more!
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family