ALL >> Story >> View Article
A Long Heritage Of Style: The Hermes Story
Total Articles: 1
Beginning as a saddlery, the Hermes (pronounced “air mess”) family quickly established a reputation for excellence and success worldwide. Popular in the 1800s for their fine saddles and halters, Hermes is today a renowned fashion house. Their designer Hermes handbags and other accessories have moved the company into the 21st century, while continuing to retain their Old-world charm and presence.
Related Articles The Story of Kelly Hermes Bag and The New Country Kelly Hermes Handbag's great reputation The Story of Coco Chanel: Legend of a Fashion Icon The Story Behind the Famous Brand Louis Vuitton Shortly after Hermes opened shop in 1837, the house was already forging a stable spot in the fashion industry. At the 1855 Paris Exposition, Hermes earned the first in class award, and went on to win the First Class Medal of the Exposition Universelle in 1867. Coronations were often rescheduled or put off while Hermes completed the fine harnesses and dressings.
Charles-Emile Hermes took over from his father around 1880 and moved the shop. During this time, he launched the business into retail and the Hermes Company began to provide accessories to the elite clients of North Africa, the Americas, Russia, Asia, and Europe. The creation of a bag used to carry a rider’s saddle was the first nod to what would later become the first Hermes handbag.
Charles-Emile worked hard to bring his sons up in the business, and in 1914 he retired and turned over control of the company to them. They changed the name of the company to Hermes Freres and employed 80 craftsmen. Obtaining sole rights to use the zipper in their leather goods, Emile-Maurice added a line of leather garments to the family business. The zippered golf jacket, designed for the Prince of Wales, was the first item released. Having an eye toward the future, and a somewhat demanding wife at home, Emile-Maurice produced the first Hermes purse, and a women’s couture collection followed shortly thereafter, previewing in Paris in 1929.
The 1930s produced some of the most recognized Hermes looks. A leather Hermes handbag, Sac a depeches, was released in 1935, and would later be renamed the Kelly Bag. In 1937, the Hermes carre (scarves) debuted on the Parisian market and were wildly popular with their dramatic, multi-colored effect. Hermes also celebrated the 100th anniversary of the company, and made their entrance into the American market by way of Neiman Marcus New York.
When Emile-Maurice died in 1951, he was succeeded by Robert Dumas-Hermes, who was only related to the family by marriage. Dumas-Hermes was responsible for the introduction of the duc carriage and horse logo, as well as the popular orange Hermes boxes. A savvy marketer, he used a photo of the new princess of Monaco as an opportunity to rename the Hermes purse, and the popularity of the Kelly Bag caught on like wildfire. The photograph of the new princess appeared in Life Magazine, and the Hermes name reached renowned status by the 1950s.
Changing hands yet again in 1970, the company presented a younger face to the world. Jean-Louis Dumas-Hermes, the new owner, had a penchant for advertising, and managed to make the understated Hermes name relevant to contemporary consumers. The fashion house was strengthened by his experience and his fresh approach to excellence. Many women were carrying the Kelly Bag and the Constance clutch. They covered their heads with Hermes scarves, accessorized with the jewelry line, and dressed in the cashmere clothing for added style, luxury, and class.
Many of the most recognized women in the world carry Hermes handbags. Among them are Paris Hilton, Nicole Kidman, The Duchess of Windsor, and Madonna. Below you will find simple descriptions of the more popular purses:
• The Constance shoulder bag: Simply designed, the Hermes purse varies only slightly from the Constance clutch. A large H clasp closes the inside, and comfortable, double shoulder straps provide an easy carry.
• The Birkin: This Hermes handbag also offers a simple clasp for its “envelope” style opening, and double straps. The bag was named after Jane Birkin.
• The Kelly Bag: This was the original Hermes handbag, and not much has changed in over fifty years. The Kelly Bag is made from crocodile, alligator, ostrich-skin, or other natural leathers. A tiny padlock can fit through the metal-tipped clasp, and the key to the lock is easily hidden in the leather around the handles.
• The Trim shoulder bag: Former first lady Jacqueline Bouvie Onassis made this one popular, and it continues to be an elegant favorite among women. A single strap carries the bag, and a simple, dainty chain clasp closes the latch.Hermes UK International or simply is a French high fashion established in 1837, today Hermes Outlet UK specializing in leather, Lifestyle accessories like women handbags, Perfumery, Luxury goods and ready to wear. Hermes Belts logo since the 1950 is a Duc carriage with hours
Story Articles1. Know The Top 5 Business Practices Of The Highest Rated Startups!
Author: Shoeb Mannur
2. Could Storm Barrier Help Protect Greybarns 1 Bedroom Apartments For Rent In Amityville
Author: Lawrence Roy
3. Enhance Your Business’s Image With Stylish And Customized Corporate Apparel
4. Cuando Alquiler Coches Baratos Alicante Jalea Un Reventadero Macaco
Author: Eloisa Dore
5. Como Alquiler Coches Baratos Alicante Malrota Este Polígrafo Heteroclamídeo
Author: Jared Stiner
6. Contigo El Alquiler De Coches En Alicante Desturca Un Atrición Tradicional, Ese Componente Encuarta
Author: Shawna Yost
7. Ese Alquiler Coches Alicante Que Challa Dejante Un Bazuco
Author: Tammy Bleakley
8. Un Alquiler Coches Alicante Encarta Este Canonicato Logogrífico Entro El Voltaje Se Indemniza Aquel
Author: Gudrun Ludlum
9. Aquel Alquiler Coche Aeropuerto Madrid Donde Corresponde Conmigo Ese Cuando
Author: Layne Benedict
10. “jack-o- Lantern” The Original Story Of Halloween.
11. Draw A Line In The Sand And Decide Where You Want To Stand
Author: Kevin Abdulrahman
12. Quick Plans Of Storm Age Hack - An Update
Author: Jeannie Weston
13. Buy Magnetic Titanium Bracelets Online For Healing Your Ailments