ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Darjeeling- The Magical Paradise On Earth
Total Articles: 211
Darjeeling, nestled among the mountainous area in West Bengal, is a major site of tourism in India. Initially it was a part of Nepal until conquered by the British when India was under its rule. Darjeeling is internationally renowned, as a place of tourism, for its tea plantations. The place is nestled amidst the highest mountain peak of India and the third largest mountain of the world- Kanchenjunga. Darjeeling has a moderate climate, compartmentalized into 5 distinct seasons in a year. It is convenient to visit Darjeeling all round the year.
Now let’s have a look at a few places of attraction in Darjeeling which you would not like to miss-
• Bengal Natural History Museum- established in 1903, this museum houses 4300 Himalayan fauna. There are also many diverse colored butterflies, adding color to the museum. There is also the estuarine crocodile, a very rare kind of crocodile.
• Aloobari Gompa- this is a monastery which in its bright red and white color is something delightful to watch. Here stay many monks from Tibet and Sikkim. You can also find a lot of handicrafts on sale here.
• Dhirdham temple- built in the style of Kathmandu’s famous Pashupathinath temple, this temple has the idol of lord Shiva outside the temple. The idol has 5 different facial expressions and it also depicts the third eye.
• Ghoom Monastery- located in Ghoom, this monastery houses a giant-size Budha.
• Everest Museum- the museum depicts the history of various attempts that mountaineers took to climb Everest.
• Dali Gompa- a very colorful huge structure, a house to many monks who are capable of providing solace to people.
• Darjeeling toy train – a mesmerizing train ride amidst the nature.
• Mountaineering Museum-established in 1957, it is the oldest mountaineering museum. It is located at 7000 feet above sea level.
With its lovely flora and fauna, its alpine forests, the mountain ranges, the tea plantations, the phenomenal sights of sunrise and sunsets, Darjeeling also known as the Queen of hills is a magical and incredible paradise.
Hotels in Darjeeling
Darjeeling, being one of the most demanding places for tourism in India has a large number of hotels. While selecting a hotel, make sure of its location. Most of the hotels will give you magnificent scenes from their terraces or windows. Try to book hotel in Darjeeling from where you can see the whole tea-plantation or a whole range of mountains so that your tour not only outside the hotel but also inside it becomes a memorable one.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family