ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Darjeeling- The Magical Paradise On Earth
Total Articles: 211
Darjeeling, nestled among the mountainous area in West Bengal, is a major site of tourism in India. Initially it was a part of Nepal until conquered by the British when India was under its rule. Darjeeling is internationally renowned, as a place of tourism, for its tea plantations. The place is nestled amidst the highest mountain peak of India and the third largest mountain of the world- Kanchenjunga. Darjeeling has a moderate climate, compartmentalized into 5 distinct seasons in a year. It is convenient to visit Darjeeling all round the year.
Now let’s have a look at a few places of attraction in Darjeeling which you would not like to miss-
• Bengal Natural History Museum- established in 1903, this museum houses 4300 Himalayan fauna. There are also many diverse colored butterflies, adding color to the museum. There is also the estuarine crocodile, a very rare kind of crocodile.
• Aloobari Gompa- this is a monastery which in its bright red and white color is something delightful to watch. Here stay many monks from Tibet and Sikkim. You can also find a lot of handicrafts on sale here.
• Dhirdham temple- built in the style of Kathmandu’s famous Pashupathinath temple, this temple has the idol of lord Shiva outside the temple. The idol has 5 different facial expressions and it also depicts the third eye.
• Ghoom Monastery- located in Ghoom, this monastery houses a giant-size Budha.
• Everest Museum- the museum depicts the history of various attempts that mountaineers took to climb Everest.
• Dali Gompa- a very colorful huge structure, a house to many monks who are capable of providing solace to people.
• Darjeeling toy train – a mesmerizing train ride amidst the nature.
• Mountaineering Museum-established in 1957, it is the oldest mountaineering museum. It is located at 7000 feet above sea level.
With its lovely flora and fauna, its alpine forests, the mountain ranges, the tea plantations, the phenomenal sights of sunrise and sunsets, Darjeeling also known as the Queen of hills is a magical and incredible paradise.
Hotels in Darjeeling
Darjeeling, being one of the most demanding places for tourism in India has a large number of hotels. While selecting a hotel, make sure of its location. Most of the hotels will give you magnificent scenes from their terraces or windows. Try to book hotel in Darjeeling from where you can see the whole tea-plantation or a whole range of mountains so that your tour not only outside the hotel but also inside it becomes a memorable one.
Travel Articles1. How Egypt Shore Excursions Give An Out Of The World Experience To Cruise Holiday?
Author: Ayman Boghdady
2. There Are Many Best Places To Go In Caribbean To Enjoy Your Vacation
Author: eTravel Trips
3. Successful Family Road Trip To A Wedding Via Bus Rental Of Atlanta
Author: Eva watson
4. Kerala Travel Packages : Enjoy The Serenity And Beauty Of Kerala
Author: Top Travel
5. Nepal Tour Packages
6. 5 Popular Places To Visit In Coonoor
7. Ngorongoro Crater
Author: Joseph Reeves
8. Mountains And Hills Provide Adventure As Well As A Unique Peace Of Mind
9. Enjoy Most Awaited Holiday In Beautiful Nepal
10. White Water Rafting Durango
Author: James Patty
11. Significance Of The Nile During Ancient Egypt
Author: Dale Dunlop
12. Birds In The Bungle Bungles Wa
13. Trekking Knowledge In Nepal Mountain Trails
Author: Sudip Shahi
14. 5 Amazing Healthy Dessert Recipes By Crumbs Blog
Author: Crumbs Food
15. One Stop Solution For Outstation Car Booking – Hariom Tours And Travel, Nagpur.