ALL >> Sports >> View Article
Cricket Whites & Cricket Kit
Total Articles: 6261
Cricket whites or flannels as they are sometimes referred to are the traditional Cricket kit or uniform that is worn by cricketers. These whites used to be worn for all types of cricket matches by professionals and amateurs alike. Those times have changed and so too has cricket, but is this for better or worse?
Cricket of old
Cricket is trying to reinvent itself in the public’s perception of the sport and all that is associated with it. Peoples perception of cricket is days (3 or 5) of two teams which play , with a lot of gaps in-between game play. It is lack of knowledge about the sport that leads to this misconception. Let’s explain how cricket is trying to reinvent itself.
Short format and fewer formalities.
Short format cricket was first introduced in schools to try and get kids interested in cricket and it did! This short format was referred to as kwik cricket which only had short overs and didn’t require the use of Cricket Whites. They then introduced a short format for the public to enjoy and watch and that is 20/20 which is short format where you get so see a lot of 4’s and 6’s due to the aim being less safety play and more go for it approach. Again this format doesn’t require the players to wear cricket whites. Another short format of cricket that doesn’t require the use of cricket whites is one day international. All of these formats of cricket hold the aim of one thing and that is to change perception and make more people fall in love.
Moving on to the proper stuff
After changing the public’s perception and giving more people an understanding of cricket you can then get them hooked on test cricket which although is longer is interesting if you understand cricket. It is within this test cricket that you are required to wear cricket whites.
You will fall in love
Whether the players are wearing their cricket whites or non formal uniform, giving cricket a try is a very good decision, you can start with the softer cricket like 20/20 and move on to the harder stuff in you own time, such as test cricket, when you have become addicted and been bitten by the cricket bug!
Sports Articles1. Some Guide Regarding Skiing Equipment And Gears
Author: Willox Avery
2. Tips To Get Today Football Prediction
Author: Match Plug
3. Tottenham Hotspur Vs Chelsea Soccer Tips English Premier League
4. Why Motorcycle Events Are So Popular?
Author: Jeffrey Ween
5. Choose Your First Martial Arts Classes At Modern Martial Arts Academy
Author: Martial Arts
6. Team Ssfl In Gujarat To Assess Footballing
Author: Satya prakash
7. Napoli Vs Nice Tips On 8/17/2017 Uefa Champions League
8. The Top 10 Football Players Ever
Author: All Sports Deal
9. Chelsea Vs Manchester City. Results And Summary Game
10. Best Chelsea Player
11. France Ligue 1 Tips: Dijon Vs Monaco
12. Shop For The Best Pinarello F10
Author: Parveen Kumar
13. Get Soft, Comfortable Swimwear Online
Author: Nova Swimwear
14. Learn About Cricket Betting And Importance Of Cricket Betting Tips.
Author: Sagar Gore
15. Real Madrid Vs Manchester United Soccer Tips Uefa Super Cup