ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Had An An Accident In A Public Place In Sleaford?
Total Articles: 42
If you claim for an accident that occurs on property open to the public, it is known as a public liability claim. If you are unfortunate enough to have a slip,
trip or fall on a public road or pavement, steps or staircase, or in a building such as a shop, bank or leisure centre you may be entitled to claim compensation. There has generally being an increase in these types of claims as a number of solicitors in Sleaford Lincolnshire will confirm.
Every year in the UK, thousands of people are injured due to an accident in a public place. Most recover from their injuries with time but the knock-on effect for others can mean long term disability, ongoing pain and continuing financial losses. If you have been injured as a result of an accident in a public place, such as a trip, slip or fall, then you could be entitled to make an accident claim to compensate you for your injuries.
This would also apply for any type of accident caused by public property left in a dangerous condition, for example injuries caused by protruding objects or materials and debris left by workmen. It can even be fallen branches from trees that overhanging the public highway, unlit skips or parked vehicles left in a dangerous position at the roadside. In this case the claim would be made against the person or organisation responsible for the property. They should have public liability insurance to cover such incidents. Because of the very nature of these claims a number of Sleaford solicitors have specialised in this area of compensation claims.
There are statutory time limits involved in pursing claims for personal injury, so it is important you speak to a legal adviser as soon as possible. Needless to say, any public liability claim will also require evidence to support your allegations. It's a good idea to take photographs of the cause of your accident as soon as possible after the event. Take pictures of things like faulty equipment or barriers or where items fell from. Try to get details of independent witnesses and keep a copy of accident book entries. It is equally important that you should report the accident to the Council. This will provide evidence to support that your injuries did occur as a result of the defect, and also warn the Council of the defect so they can rectify it,
Your evidential documentation is also extremely important in proving the value of your claim. If you have incurred financial losses as a result of the accident (things like loss of earnings, travel expenses, property damage or medication costs) you should retain all receipts, invoices, letters and payslips, so that these losses can also be recovered.
Unfortunately, accidents in public places are common, and this very fact has kept many solicitors in Sleaford extremely busy, especially through the winter period.and all too often someone will be walking along the pavement and trip over a raised paving slab or perhaps a pothole. We all pay taxes for the upkeep of our public areas, and are therefore entitled to expect that these areas will be maintained and repaired so that they are safe for us to use.
Legal Articles1. 5 Tips For Protecting Yourself After A Slip And Fall Injury In Phoenix, Az
2. What Losses Are Recoverable After A Car Accident In Phoenix?
3. Bad Driving Habits That Can Be Fatal
Author: Christopher A. Richard
4. New Rules Affecting Massachusettsworkers’ Compensation Law
Author: Conston Taylor
5. How Do Immigration Lawyers Help?
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
6. No Additional Burden On Home-buyers Under Gst, Landlords Stay Exempt - Best Time To Buy Property
Author: The Hemisphere
7. Quick Guide For Selecting The Best Personal Injury Attorney For A Slip And Fall Case
Author: Ladas Law
8. Get Aware Of The Right Family Lawyer In Fort Worth
Author: J Kevin Clark
9. Ten Kinds Of Car Accident Injuries That Require You To Hire An Expert Dallas Accident Lawyer
Author: Nick Feizy
10. Boston Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Win The Case
Author: Powers Caccavale
11. Top 3 Reasons A Business In London Needs A Commercial Law Firm More Than Ever.
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
12. Who Can File A Wrongful Death Claim In Arizona?
13. When To Seek An Accident Attorney In Comparative Negligence Cases
14. Bail Process: Questions To Ask A Bail Bondsman
Author: Emily Stone
15. Cycle Accident: How To Ask For Compensation
Author: Chris Thayer