ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Heritage Hotel In India
Total Articles: 211
When we plan to go on a holiday, the predominant thing on our minds is good accommodation. Otherwise, a not so perfect boarding can ruin the pleasures of the vacation. A home away from home is what we dream for. But how about combining the best of luxuries with the local flavor of a particular destination? For those who feel that knowing the culture of a place and the hospitality of the local people is the ingredient for a perfect holiday, the heritage hotels in India should be the choice.
These hotels are nothing like the swanky five star hotels that you are used to. They are much more than that. Instead of the cold white corridors, richly embroidered pashmina carpets will greet you. As you enter your suites, you will not see stark lights glaring down from a somewhat weird looking lamp stand, but will be enthralled by the warm light of the magnificent chandeliers. Your bed will not just be a white ocean of pillows and mattresses but a regal arena of hand crafted headboards and golden threaded embroidery. Your favorite dishes will not be served in stark cutlery, served by straight backed and straight faced waiters, but in silver cutlery and by men who treat you to true Indian hospitality.
These are just some of the smallest things that you can expect in these heritage hotels. The hotel buildings are not constructed by modern engineers with a post modern way of thinking. Rather, most of them were the forts and palaces of the rajahs and maharajahs who could no longer hold on to their prosperity after they declined. The generations survived, but most of them sold off the portions of these magnificent buildings to national and international corporate houses, who have today transformed them into these dream hotels. But they have not tampered with the true spirit of the place. Rather, highlighting the grandeur of the rich cultural heritage has been the USP and every year tourists from around the world come here to taste the royal treatment.
The state of Rajasthan probably has the highest number of heritage hotels, just because of the sheer number of fortresses there that has been handed over. Mysore, Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh and Rishikesh also have some of them. It is guaranteed that you might just want to vacation again in India just because of these places of wonder and grandeur.
Author’s Bio: Ackley Cooper Shaw is an avid traveler and loves to write reviews on the hotels he’d stayed. In this article he gives the readers a quick peek on heritage hotel in india .
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family