ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Colonial Hotels In Asia
Total Articles: 211
There could be finitely large number of people despising and favoring colonial days of Asian countries. But hardly any one denies the fact that metro cities across the Asia experienced major thrust in modern day hotel business during the colonial era. Prominent hotels were set up to accommodate traveling business and tourist-class Europeans and native population.
Some of these hotels still serve their purposes as living fossils of colonial hegemony. These colonial hotels are even more sought after today for their agedness. Let’s check few of them.
The Chosun Hotel, Seoul
It’ll take 2 more years to become a centenarian. With credits of playing host to big sportsmen, Hollywood beauties, politicians and hundreds of Chinese and North Korea soldiers (during invasion in 1950), Chosun Hotel introduced many firsts in the region. It’s 20 storied and boasts 456 large renovated rooms.
The Peninsula Hotel, Hong Kong
The long 84 years has passed since the inception of the hotel. It was an ambitious project to make it the best in the east of Suez. It is indeed. British officially surrendered Hong Kong in the hotel only. Its ornate lobby is among the few must-experience venues in the City.
Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
This, one of the oldest hotels from colonial days, was established 1876. Oriental Hotel, being the most favorite destination in the region, got the opportunity to host ‘who’s who’ from all facets of life. It sports 358 rooms, 35 suits and a unique 2-storied Authors’ Wing.
Imperial Hotel, Tokyo
It was set up at Imperial request in 189o and later completely renovated in 1922. It has remained the first-choice of any classy foreign tourist since the day of its inception. Special attraction is of-course the famous interior design.
Raffles Hotel, Singapore
Few people truly say this hotel a shameless grandiose. Named after the founder of the Singapore colony, it has seen lot of ups and down in the history of the region. Painstakingly restored Raffles even today attract thousands of guests with all its glory.
Taj Mahal Palace and Tower, Mumbai
Jamshetji Tata, the father figure of renowned Tata Sons Group, commissioned this hotel way back in 1903. It suffered one of the most heinous terrorist attacks in the history of hospitality industry in 2008. Tatas have completely restored the hotel to its erstwhile form. It regularly hosts prominent international names.
Manila Hotel, Philippines
Commissioned in 1912, Manila Hotel lived history. It is distinctly linked to the political history of the region. Philippine architecture will never fail in taking your breath away.
Author’s Bio: Ackley Cooper Shaw is an avid traveler and loves to write reviews on the hotels he’d stayed. In this article he gives the readers a quick peek on colonial hotels .
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family