ALL >> Travel >> View Article
A Visit To The Blue Mountains
Total Articles: 6261
The Blue Mountains is a mountainous region in New South Wales, Australia. It is very close to Sydney’s metropolitan area. The area begins on the west side of the Nepean River and extends as far as the Coxs River. It is situated in the central parts of the Sydney Basin. It is mainly a sandstone plateau and is dissected by deep gorges. The highest point of the range is Mt Werong.
The name is derived from the blue tinge that the range takes when viewed from a distance. This tinge is said to be caused when incoming ultra violet radiation is scattered by particles within the atmosphere which causes distant objects to appear grayish blue in color.
The Blue Mountains is considered a World Heritage Site. It has a huge area of tall forests mainly of eucalyptus trees, sandstone cliffs, canyons, waterfalls and bush land. Some of the natural attractions there are The Wentworth Falls, the Three Sisters, which are the trio of rocky pinnacles named after an aboriginal legend, the underground rivers and chambers of the Jenolan caves and the six foot walking track to Katoomba.
Things to do:
There are various ways to experience the beauty of the Blue Mountains tours. One can go walkabout with an aboriginal Darug guide and explore the natural sites and learn about the song lines that are related to these sites, see bark and body painting demonstrations, taste bush tucker and swim in the crystal clear water of the waterfall .Ghost tours are organized along with cave concerts with natural acoustics, all in a fairy tale atmosphere. The pretty tree lined streets of Leura is the place to eat, drink and indulge in. The galleries, boutiques and small stores are worth browsing. The Great Blue Mountains Drive, which is a series of linked drives and discovery trails, is another must do for any traveler.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family