ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Understand About The Wildcard Certificates And Its Benefits
Total Articles: 4
Mostly all of the business owners and the organizations have their website and even multiple sub domains. In order to validate such sub domains created for a particular organization the wildcard certificate functions which are similar to the SSL certification.
SSL stands for the secure socket layer which is necessary for preventing the identification theft. The SSL encryption on the data takes place while a transmission processed over the network such as transmission from a server to another server or from a browser to server. SSL is means for identifying a website and verifying who they are. The functionality of the SSL certification is just like the personal ID or like the drivers license. In general, while performing a transaction on a ecommerce website with the details of your credit card or online banking you can find a unique key symbol on the webpage stating that the website utilizing the SSL certification and the data is encrypted and there are no possibilities of the data being accessible by another person which ensures the user that the particular website is trustable and restricted from any kind of security breaches.
Web Security Certification was designed specially with compatibility for even the older browsers and the operating systems using forty bit SSL encryption. Also, according to the requirement of some business organizations such certificates were designed to work with operating systems using 2048 bits. This is practical because of the reason most of the organizations owns several websites and sub domains according to their business needs. These certificates costs reasonable if you wish to use a single certificate to all the websites and sub domains which also decreases the difficulties on purchasing certificates for each sub domains and on reissuing each if expires.
When it comes to the wildcard certificate there will be only one certificate for reissuing. Purchasing certificates separately for each sub domains costs high. In common the SSL certificates might costs within ten dollars to fifteen dollars for each. But the wildcard certificates have the options for unlimited sub domains with a onetime fee.
Compromising the security of the website will be the disadvantage of the Web Security Certification. If the server is compromised then all the sub domains connected with the server would also be compromised which results in a huge difficulty and security breaches for the user data. Also all the sub domains will be in risk if the certificate expires and not reissued within a certain period.
In general, these wildcard SSL certificates that are affordable and resulting high security for the websites were much popular among the business owners throughout the world.
Internet Marketing Articles1. 5 To Help Add Content To Web Site When You're A Writer
Author: Andrew Mccann
2. Article Marketing Cash - Generating Money-making Articles With Killer Blogs
Author: Andrew Mccann
3. What Is The Role Of Hotspot Rental In Modern World?
4. Web Design Agency Dubai Taking Care Of 5 Premier Aspects Of Web Development
5. 8 Ways Online Poll Helps Human Resources!
Author: Malcolm Raynor
6. Smart Ways To Promote Your New Blog
7. Secure Your Website With Ssl
Author: Martina Henderson
8. Why Hiring A Professional Web Design Company Makes Sense? Top 5 Reasons
Author: Sanjay Sachdeva
9. Seo Marketing – How It Helps Your Online Business Campaign
Author: David Halpin
10. Why Should One Invest In Tata Destination 150 Project?
11. How Responding To Online Reviews Is Essential As A Social Media Strategy
Author: Lee Wood
12. Top 3 Best Free Wordpress Themes 2018
Author: Simplified SocialMedia Optimization
13. Grow Your Connections With Thousands Of Professors And Teachers With Schools Email List
Author: Charles Jaxson
14. Global Handheld Imagers Market Size And Share
Author: Shivani Singh
15. Best Ways To Do Small Business Advertising
Author: James Belly