ALL >> Legal >> View Article
An Introduction To Bankrupt Stock And Job Lots
Total Articles: 6261
If you are looking ahead to make handsome money in the bull and bear market but not acquaintained with the bankrupt stock and job lots then you may struggle a bit in the beginning and may fall prey to someone. You must have come across the news about the declaration of bankruptcy of some of the reputed companies that had share in the market. You might have been curious enough to know what happens to the stocks of bankrupt companies. Job lots is another investment term that will be highlighted in this article along with bankrupt stock.
In the case of the bankruptcy of the company, the stock itself becomes worthless leaving shareholders with defunct shares that cannot be sold. However, the shareholders may get their money from the share of company’s liquidated assets if there are any left over.
Thus, it is the only money left over from the firm’s liquidated asset, which could help the company in paying back the money to its shareholders. However, everyone who owned share does not get back the money at the same time. A strict order of debt repayment is followed and it goes like this government, financial institutions, other creditors (i.e. suppliers and utility companies), bondholders, preferred shareholders and, finally, common shareholders.
It is because of the residual claim on the assets in the firm and a low tier than the preferred stock classification; the common shareholders get their money at last.
Job lot refers to a particular contract dealing with smaller trading units than those mentioned in the regular contract. It provides a way for the small traders to enter into the market and participate along with the larger traders. Commodity futures trading is the most associated term with job lot. In fact, job lot can also be termed as selling of large quantities of items at low cost. It is used to quickly reduce the amount of stock of a particular item.
Legal Articles1. Points To Keep In Mind Before Hiring A Car Accident Attorney
2. The Biggest Myth About Family Law Attorney Exposed
Author: V. Wayne Ward
3. Defective Seat Belts:how An Attorney Can Help You
4. Different Type Of Legal Services Are Provided By Lexlords
Author: Lex Lords
5. Tips To Choose A Competent Estate Planning Attorney
Author: Matthew Odgers
6. Our Legal Firm Offer Wide Range Of Legal Services In Chandigarh
Author: James Jaops
7. What Are The Scenarios In Which Chicago Auto Accidents Attorney Can Help?
Author: MICHAEL T. FRIEDMAN
8. What Is The Process For Cosmetic Import & Medical Device Registration In India
9. Expert Testimony Is Meant To Be Given By A Financial Expert Witness
Author: Jules H. Kamin
10. Car Accidents Involving Uber And Lyft In Phoenix, Arizona
11. Car Accidents In Glendale: Seat Belt Injuries Overview
12. Slip And Fall Injuries: Contributive Causes And Premises That Are Mostly Found Risky
Author: Nick Feizy
13. Al Rowaad Is Available Around The Clock 24/7
14. Be Active Before Selecting A Lawyers For Your Personal Legal Issue.
Author: Lex Lords
15. First Day In Federal Prison
Author: Sanjoi Mazumder