ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Acid Wash Floor Guide
Total Articles: 352
Oil spills on garages are common sights especially on houses that are fond of automobiles. No matter how careful you can be when it comes to handling any type of used oils, there can always be a time that spills will eventually occur. In most cases, this would be the time for those expensive acid washes from a professional worker. However, this can be avoided as you can always do this job all by yourself given you have the safety garments and the chemical products for the task.
Learning how to acid wash your garage floor will help you a lot not only in saving from hiring a professional serviceman but in cleaning all sorts of oil stains at any given time. Always consider your safety first though every time you plunge into cleaning these stuffs as you will always be handling acids which are known for their tenacity to both the surface material as well as to your health. Do not let your guard down as you can be an unlucky victim of an accidental injury caused by these chemical products. Fortunately, we have below a safe guide on how you can clean the floor using the acid without compromising your health in return.
Preparation - make sure that your kids as well as your pets are kept outside the area where you are going to use the acid to ensure safety. Make all the necessary preparations such as the purchasing of the chemical products and the gathering of the cleaning tools that you will be using for the project. It is also very important to move stuffs from where they are especially on the area of the spill as the oil tends to sip at the bottom of these things. If you have an automobile or furniture near that place, make sure to take them out of the garage to avoid staining or damaging them with the acid.
Wear Protective Gears - as much as possible, do not use the product without wearing any protective gears at all as acid can peel off your skin when in direct contact with the chemical. Hand gloves are essential to prevent this from occurring. Make sure that you purchase a durable one for a heavy duty use. A face mask can also help you stay away from getting suffocated from the bad odor of the acid as this can affect your health when exposed for longer periods of time.
Mix and Apply Acid - mix the acid on a bucket containing water. The ratio should be 4 parts of water to 1 part of acid in order to control its strength as too much can damage the floor as well. Make sure that you follow strict caution as you use the acid on the floor. Mop the area repeatedly until you get rid of all of the stain left by the spilled oil. Repeat the process until you are satisfied with the result. You can also use water and detergent mixture to finish the job as this solution can remove the smell of oil.
Home and Garden Articles1. Are You Looking For Reliable Quartz Suppliers In Texas?
2. Chimneys That Save Lives. Go For The Best Chimneys In India.
Author: Brijesh Kumar
3. Here’s Some Gardening Advice On Planting Sweet Potato This Spring
Author: Paul Gooderham
4. 5 Reasons That Will Explain The Importance Of Roof Cleaning
Author: Mike Aurtho
5. Breathe Right And Breathe Fresh Air With Us!
Author: Robert Smith
6. How Misting Fans Can Help You To Beat The Summer Heat
Author: Jessie Cooper
7. Dallas Locksmith Services - How Do You Identify Damaged Locks?
Author: Israel Barda
8. Undoubted Benefits Of Hiring A Luxury Portable Toilet Service
Author: Alaric Atkinson
9. Benefits Of Using The Event Toilets
Author: Alaric Atkinson
10. How To Maximise Commercial Returns From Home Renovating
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
11. Metro West Apartments For Rent Have Never Been So Easy To Find
Author: Sue Thornton
12. Apartments For Rent Around Worcester
Author: John Robert
13. Stay Clear, If You Want The Rains And Debris To Not Damage Your Property
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
14. Keep Your Motorcycle Safe And Secure Under A Proper Shed
Author: Michael Gilmore
15. What To Keep In Mind While Buying Table Online
Author: Iti Sharma