ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
Arthritis: Causes And Symptoms
Total Articles: 37
I would like to start with a quote from Dr Robert Bingham, a specialist in the treatment of arthritis. He said: â€œ No person who is in good nutritional health develops rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis â€
What is Arthritis? Arthritis is (from Greek Arthro = joint + itis= inflammation) a group of diseases where there is a damage caused to the joints of the body.
There are many form of arthritis : Rheumatoid arthritis , psoriatic arthritis, septic arthritis, Gouty arthritis, osteoarthritis(the most common form of arthritis).
Rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis are autoimmune diseases (the body attacking itself)
Septic arthritis is caused by joints infections.
Gouty arthritis is caused by deposition of uric acid crystals in the joints that results in subsequent inflammation.
Osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint disease that can occur after a trauma to the joints or simply aging .
Arthritis is the leading cause of disability in people over the age of 65. By the age of 60 nine in every ten people have it . For most of them arthritis means living with pain and stiffness. However, Arthritis is not an inevitable consequence of aging and can be prevented , provided the underlying causes are eliminated. In the search of causes and solutions many things have been considered including diet, exercise, posture, climate, hormones, infections, genetics ,old age, stress..
The likely factors that lead to the development of Arthritis are:
-Poor lubrication of the joints. In between joints is a substance called synovial fluid. Appropriate nutrition is needed to make sure that the synovial fluid stays fluid and able to lubricate.
- Hormonal imbalance .Hormones control the calcium balance in the body. If the calcium balance is not right, the bones and joints can become porous and subject to wear and tear.
-Allergies and sensitivities. Most of people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis have food and chemical allergies or sensitivities that make their symtoms flare up.
- Free radicals . If the immune system is not working properly, as in rheumatoid arthritis, it will produce too many free radicals, which can damage tissue around the joint. In this case a good intake of antioxidant is very valuable.
-Infections. Any infection ,be it viral or bacterial, weaken the immune system which control inflammation.
Bone strain and deformities. Any damage or strain, so often caused by bad posture, increases the risk of developing arthritis .
- State of mind. Research at the Arthritis and Rheumatism Foundation and at the University of Southern California Medical School has shown a link between arthritis and emotional stress.
- Poor diet . Most people with Arthritis have a history of very poor diet, which pave the way to many of the factors stated above.
Diet advice: avoid sugar and refined carbohydrates, stimulants, fat ,too much protein . Drink plenty of water and herb teas. Make sure you have all the vital vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids, antioxidants nutrients.
Fitness Articles1. Individuals Fitness Trainer Can Be The Best Fitness Personal Trainer For You!
Author: Juan Segovia
2. What Is Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Course In Rishikesh?
Author: Vinyasa Yogashala
3. Buy Suhagra 100 Mg Online | Buy Medicine Online-mymedistore
4. Buy Vidalista 60 Mg Online | Buy Medicine Online-mymedistore
5. Buy Hepcinat 400 Mg Online | Buy Medicine Online-mymedistore
6. Buy Kamagra Oral Jelly Online | Buy Medicine Online-mymedistore
7. Buy Cenforce 100mg Online | Buy Medicine Online-mymedistore
8. Supersets That Are Not Right For Your Legs
9. Diabetic? Try These Wonder Foods.
Author: Dr Swetha N
10. How Long Should I Run On The Elliptical To Loose Weight?
Author: ajit patel
11. Step-by-step Guide To Root Canal Treatment
12. 4 Things To Consider Before Getting Lypo
Author: Dominik Banzon
13. Wearable Gadgets That’ll Keep A Check When You Gain That Extra Calorie
14. How To Choose The Perfect Bicycle For Fat People?
15. Biking Essentials For Obese Women