ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
Arthritis: Causes And Symptoms
Total Articles: 37
I would like to start with a quote from Dr Robert Bingham, a specialist in the treatment of arthritis. He said: â€œ No person who is in good nutritional health develops rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis â€
What is Arthritis? Arthritis is (from Greek Arthro = joint + itis= inflammation) a group of diseases where there is a damage caused to the joints of the body.
There are many form of arthritis : Rheumatoid arthritis , psoriatic arthritis, septic arthritis, Gouty arthritis, osteoarthritis(the most common form of arthritis).
Rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis are autoimmune diseases (the body attacking itself)
Septic arthritis is caused by joints infections.
Gouty arthritis is caused by deposition of uric acid crystals in the joints that results in subsequent inflammation.
Osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint disease that can occur after a trauma to the joints or simply aging .
Arthritis is the leading cause of disability in people over the age of 65. By the age of 60 nine in every ten people have it . For most of them arthritis means living with pain and stiffness. However, Arthritis is not an inevitable consequence of aging and can be prevented , provided the underlying causes are eliminated. In the search of causes and solutions many things have been considered including diet, exercise, posture, climate, hormones, infections, genetics ,old age, stress..
The likely factors that lead to the development of Arthritis are:
-Poor lubrication of the joints. In between joints is a substance called synovial fluid. Appropriate nutrition is needed to make sure that the synovial fluid stays fluid and able to lubricate.
- Hormonal imbalance .Hormones control the calcium balance in the body. If the calcium balance is not right, the bones and joints can become porous and subject to wear and tear.
-Allergies and sensitivities. Most of people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis have food and chemical allergies or sensitivities that make their symtoms flare up.
- Free radicals . If the immune system is not working properly, as in rheumatoid arthritis, it will produce too many free radicals, which can damage tissue around the joint. In this case a good intake of antioxidant is very valuable.
-Infections. Any infection ,be it viral or bacterial, weaken the immune system which control inflammation.
Bone strain and deformities. Any damage or strain, so often caused by bad posture, increases the risk of developing arthritis .
- State of mind. Research at the Arthritis and Rheumatism Foundation and at the University of Southern California Medical School has shown a link between arthritis and emotional stress.
- Poor diet . Most people with Arthritis have a history of very poor diet, which pave the way to many of the factors stated above.
Diet advice: avoid sugar and refined carbohydrates, stimulants, fat ,too much protein . Drink plenty of water and herb teas. Make sure you have all the vital vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids, antioxidants nutrients.
Fitness Articles1. Height Expert Kit – Remedy For Your Height Problems
Author: Expert Ayurveda Pvt. Ltd.
2. Benefits Of Sesame Seeds
Author: DR. Sarika Nair
3. How To Survive Parties When You Are Gluten Free How To Survive Parties When You Are Gluten Free Aug
Author: DR. Sarika Nair
4. Amazing Weight Loss With Fat Burning Supplements - Crazy, But It Works
Author: Rishabh Singh
5. What Should Women Wear To The Gym?
Author: Dan Keegan
7. Natural Way To Detox Center And Wellness Retreats
Author: Dr. Nitesh Khonde
8. Important Services Provided By Health Products Manufacturers
9. Best Yoga Training Centre In Mysore: Yogadarshanam
10. Not Losing Weight? Here’s Why
11. Crossfit Makes You Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse
12. Eco Slim Capsule For Weight Loss
Author: Malik Asif
13. How To Breathe In A Yogic Pattern
Author: Kara Thorsen
14. Ways To Tap Into Your Hidden Energy
Author: Richard Irving
15. Best Suparna Trikha Shampoo For Fine Hair Color