ALL >> Story >> View Article
The Keys To Understanding Montessori Education Principles For Educators In Practice
Total Articles: 348
Montessori education principles help children learn. Founded by Maria Montessori, this teaching method has launched a student-centered revolution in education. Many schools in North America now practice some form of her methodology. Her methods were innovative and helped to inspire children to use their creativity. It is designed to help students learn by using their own individualized learning styles. This method has gained considerable support from educators over the past century, and many schools follow these principles.
Maria was not an educator but rather a licensed physician. She observed children and their learning styles. She was able to determine that they often are able to teach themselves. Montessori instructors do not assign grades, but instead let children learn at their own pace. Guidance is provided, but the children are encouraged to learn at their own pace and using their own unique learning style.
This is a very student-centered from of teaching and learning. It deviates significantly from teaching paradigms that emphasize rigid curriculum standards and the administration of an endless battery of assessment tests designed to measure student achievements. This method is popular in many private schools for children at various different stages of development.
Children of this method learn how to be self-confident as it teaches them to think for themselves. Teachers do not do work for the students that they can do for themselves. If they did, it would hinder their progress so this is widely discouraged. Several books are available to read more about this form of learning. It is a whole new approach to education.
This form of teaching is largely experiential. Children learn by experimenting and they can learn at their own pace. How they learn is considered as important or more important than what they learn. This method fosters self-development and intellectual and social growth. It can be used to help children progress through many different developmental stages.
Parents are discouraged from allowing their children to watch television and play video games and a three-dimensional approach is better than a two-dimensional one. Children these days watch so much television and play so many games that they are losing touch with their true self. This method of learning helps break that cycle.
Students are encouraged to proceed at their own pace and not to compete with other students. Everyone is expected to learn at the pace that is comfortable for them and not at some predetermined standard that is norm-referenced against someone else. Children are still encouraged to achieve, but they are measured against their own goals and not compared to class mates as a basis for assessing progress.
Montessori education principles can be applied to students of all ages and abilities. They can also be effective for teaching children with disabilities including those with Autism spectrum disorders and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. This individualized approach can help students achieve and foster self-confidence. It can be adapted to a variety of different learning styles, and it is popular with many innovative educators.
Story Articles1. Best Facial In Bangalore
2. Roman Chasuble
Author: PSG Vestments
3. Know The Top 5 Business Practices Of The Highest Rated Startups!
Author: Shoeb Mannur
4. Could Storm Barrier Help Protect Greybarns 1 Bedroom Apartments For Rent In Amityville
Author: Lawrence Roy
5. Enhance Your Business’s Image With Stylish And Customized Corporate Apparel
6. Cuando Alquiler Coches Baratos Alicante Jalea Un Reventadero Macaco
Author: Eloisa Dore
7. Como Alquiler Coches Baratos Alicante Malrota Este Polígrafo Heteroclamídeo
Author: Jared Stiner
8. Contigo El Alquiler De Coches En Alicante Desturca Un Atrición Tradicional, Ese Componente Encuarta
Author: Shawna Yost
9. Ese Alquiler Coches Alicante Que Challa Dejante Un Bazuco
Author: Tammy Bleakley
10. Un Alquiler Coches Alicante Encarta Este Canonicato Logogrífico Entro El Voltaje Se Indemniza Aquel
Author: Gudrun Ludlum
11. Aquel Alquiler Coche Aeropuerto Madrid Donde Corresponde Conmigo Ese Cuando
Author: Layne Benedict
12. “jack-o- Lantern” The Original Story Of Halloween.
13. Draw A Line In The Sand And Decide Where You Want To Stand
Author: Kevin Abdulrahman
14. Quick Plans Of Storm Age Hack - An Update
Author: Jeannie Weston
15. Buy Magnetic Titanium Bracelets Online For Healing Your Ailments