ALL >> System-Network-Administration >> View Article
Total Articles: 256
In this practice, you set up MCITP folder redirection and Offline Files. Normally, folder redirection and Offline Files are configured for a Windows XP Professional client. However, for training purposes, this practice configures folder redirection and Offline Files for Server02, an additional domain controller in the contoso.com domain.
Exercise 1: Setting Up Folder Redirection
In this exercise, you redirect User One's My Documents folder to a sharepoint on ServerOl.
To set up folder redirection
1.Log on to Serverl as Administrator.
2.Create a shared folder named Server2 in C:\ (where C is the name of your system drive). The share name is Server2.
3.Log on to Server2 as Administrator.
4.Create a GPO linked to the Chicago OU named My Documents Redirection. Use the procedures provided earlier in this lesson to redirect the My Documents folder to \\serverl\server2. (Hint: If the GPO is not taking effect, check the No Override or Block Policy Inheritance settings on any existing GPOs linked to the Chicago OU.)
5- Log off Server2, and log on as Windows 7 certificate Userl. What happened in the Server2 folder on Serverl?
The Userl folder is created when Userl logs on. Inside the Userl folder is another folder, My Documents. As an administrator, you cannot view the contents of Userl's My Documents folder without permission from Userl.
6. On Server2, create a document using WordPad and save it as Docl in the My Documents folder. Create a second document using WordPad and save it as Doc2.
The Folder Redirection node, located under User Configuration\ Windows Settings in the Group Policy Object Editor console, enables you to redirect certain special folders to network locations. Windows Server 2003 allows the following special folders to be redirected: Application Data, Desktop, My Documents, My Pictures, and Start Menu.
In Windows Server 2003, a new feature enables you to redirect My Documents to a user's home folder. This option is intended only for organizations that have already deployed home folders and that want to maintain compatibility with an existing home folder environment. The ability to redirect My Documents to a user's home folder requires a Windows XP Professional client.
The tasks for implementing Offline Files are configure the Network+ certification sharepoint, configure com?puters to use Offline Files, and set up synchronization of offline files and folders.
System/Network Administration Articles1. Insulating Rubber Mats - Importance And Advantages
Author: Aayush Kejriwal
2. Top Sap Fico Training Institutes In Hyderabad | Sieve Software
3. Sage 50 Cannot Communicate With Your Email Program
Author: Nency Willims
4. Linksys Re7000, The Best Wi-fi Range Extender
Author: pinkesh tomar
5. Get Your Entertainment Like Never Before With Fiber Optic Internet Providers
6. Stay Tuned With The Best Broadband In Mumbai
7. The Best And Unlimited Plans With Our Broadband To Get The Best Of Everything
8. Make A Creative Venture With Is Us
9. Enhance The Quality Of Life With The Best Internet Service Provider
10. Why Is Hotel Bandwidth Management Important?
11. All You Need To Know About Trustworthy It Partner For Your It Outsourcing And It Consulting Needs
Author: Orion Network Solutions
12. Understanding Time And Attendance System In The Uk
Author: Joseph Thomson
13. Ssl Certificates - What It Is And How To Gain Visitor Confidence
Author: Gaurav Maniar
14. How To Find The Complete Package Of Cyber Security For Your Networks?
Author: SMS AZ
15. Choosing The Right Vpn Provider