ALL >> System-Network-Administration >> View Article
Configuring Group Policy Settings
Total Articles: 286
After you create a GPO and determine the administrators who have access permissions to the mcitp 2008, you can configure the Group Policy settings.
To configure Group Policy settings for a GPO, complete the following steps: 1. Access the Group Policy Object Editor for the GPO, shown in Figure 10-15.
2.In the console tree, expand the node that represents the policy setting you want to configure. For example, in Figure 10-15, User Configuration, Administrative Templates, and Start Menu And Taskbar nodes are expanded.
3.In the details pane, right-click the setting that you want to configure, and then click Properties.
In the Properties dialog box for the Group Policy setting (an example is shown in Figure 10-16), click Enabled to apply the setting to users or computers that are subject to this GPO, and then click OK. Not Configured indicates that no change will be made to the registiy regarding this setting. Disabled means that the registry will indicate that the setting does not apply to users or computers that are subject to this GPO.
To delegate control of GPO creation, complete the following steps:
1.Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory UsersAnd Computers.
2.In the console tree, click Users.
3.In the Name column in the MCITP: Server Administrator details pane, double-click Group Policy Creator Owners.
4.In the Group Policy Creator Owners Properties dialog box, click the Members tab.
5.In the Members tab, click Add, and then type the name of each user or security group to whom you want to delegate creation rights in the Enter The Object Names To Select box. Click OK.
6.In the Group Policy Creator Owners Properties dialog box, click OK.
7.Execute the procedure for delegating control of GPO object linking (shown next).By default, nonadministrators cannot manage links, and unless you execute the procedure for delegating GPO object linking, they cannot use the Active Directory Users And Computers console to create a GPO.
To delegate control of GPO object linking, complete the following steps:
1.Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Users And Computers.
2.Right-click the OU to which you want to delegate the right to link GPOs, and then click Delegate Control.
3.On the Welcome To The Delegation Of Control Wizard page, click Next.
4.On the Users Or Groups page, click Add.
5.In the Select Users, Computers, Or Groups dialog box, type the user or group for which you want to delegate administration in the Enter The Object Names To
Select box, and then click OK. Click Next on the Users Or Groups page.
6.On the Tasks To Delegate page, click Delegate The Following Common Tasks and select the Manage Group Policy Links check box, and then click Next.
On the Completing The Delegation Of Control Free A+ exam questions Wizard page, review your selections. Click Finish.
System/Network Administration Articles1. Insulating Rubber Mats - Importance And Advantages
Author: Aayush Kejriwal
2. Top Sap Fico Training Institutes In Hyderabad | Sieve Software
3. Sage 50 Cannot Communicate With Your Email Program
Author: Nency Willims
4. Linksys Re7000, The Best Wi-fi Range Extender
Author: pinkesh tomar
5. Get Your Entertainment Like Never Before With Fiber Optic Internet Providers
6. Stay Tuned With The Best Broadband In Mumbai
7. The Best And Unlimited Plans With Our Broadband To Get The Best Of Everything
8. Make A Creative Venture With Is Us
9. Enhance The Quality Of Life With The Best Internet Service Provider
10. Why Is Hotel Bandwidth Management Important?
11. All You Need To Know About Trustworthy It Partner For Your It Outsourcing And It Consulting Needs
Author: Orion Network Solutions
12. Understanding Time And Attendance System In The Uk
Author: Joseph Thomson
13. Ssl Certificates - What It Is And How To Gain Visitor Confidence
Author: Gaurav Maniar
14. How To Find The Complete Package Of Cyber Security For Your Networks?
Author: SMS AZ
15. Choosing The Right Vpn Provider