ALL >> System-Network-Administration >> View Article
Administeringactive Directory Objects
Total Articles: 256
Now you've created the problem. In the Troubleshooting Lab in 220-701 exam, you learned how to reset a computer password using the Netdom utility. You now realize that using the Active Directory Users And Computers interface is not the appropriate place to reset an existing computer password. The only reason to perform the steps above would be if you just reinstalled Server2 and wanted to configure a new password for that account. To fix this issue, you remove Server2 from the domain and then join the domain once again.
1.To correct this issue, you must log on as a local administrator to SERVER2 (Local).
2.Click Start, right-click My Computer, click Properties. The System Properties dialog box opens.
Click the Computer Name tab and then click the Change button. The Computer
Name Changes dialog box opens. In the Member Of section, click Workgroup.
Type the name WORKGROUP into the get a+ certified online text box. Click OK. The Computer Name Changes dialog box appears.
4.Enter the local administrator name and password and click OK.
5.Click OK to confirm that your computer is now a member of the workgroup named WORKGROUP. Click OK to confirm that a restart is required.
6.Click OK in the System Properties dialog box.
7.Click Yes when prompted to restart your computer.
8.Once Server2 restarts, log on as the local administrator once again. Then join the domain contoso.com as described in Chapter 2, "Installing and Configuring Active Directory." Once you restart the system again, you'll be able to log on using the domain administrator name and password.
9- Promote Server2 to domain controller by using the Dcpromo command with the ContosoReplica.txt answer file. The answer file is located on the Supplemental CD-ROM in the \70-294\Labs\Chapter09 folder.
To control access to Active Directory objects, you grant or deny permissions to security principals. You set permissions to either Allow or Deny. Denied permissions take precedence over all other permissions.
When an object is created, the user creating it automatically becomes its owner.The owner controls how permissions are set on the object and to whom permis?
sions are granted.
You can set selective authentication differently for free test questions outgoing and incoming external and forest trusts. These selective trusts allow you to make flexible access control decisions between external domains and forest-wide.
System/Network Administration Articles1. Top Sap Fico Training Institutes In Hyderabad | Sieve Software
2. Integrated Systems Market Size, Trends, Competitive Strategies And Forecasts, 2016 To 2024
Author: Hexa Research
3. Managed Security Guards Are Making Our Businesses Safer
Author: Unknown Member
4. Ccna Exam Information And Overview For 2018
5. Sage 50 Cannot Communicate With Your Email Program
Author: Nency Willims
6. Information Technology Assistance Makes It Management A Delightful And Also Productive Process
7. Linksys Re7000, The Best Wi-fi Range Extender
Author: pinkesh tomar
8. 1000ft Promises To Ease Out Hectic Computing Operations
Author: Shane Warne
9. Get Your Entertainment Like Never Before With Fiber Optic Internet Providers
10. Stay Tuned With The Best Broadband In Mumbai
11. The Best And Unlimited Plans With Our Broadband To Get The Best Of Everything
12. Make A Creative Venture With Is Us
13. Enhance The Quality Of Life With The Best Internet Service Provider
14. Understanding Cloud Computing In It Support In Miami
Author: ITSupport Managers
15. Why Is Hotel Bandwidth Management Important?