ALL >> Family >> View Article
Choosing The Best Wedding Music
Total Articles: 197
You could say that there are too many options for wedding music. Because of the musical variety available, selecting wedding reception music can be difficult.
To get a better idea of what to do, answer the following questions:
If you care, what type of music would your guest enjoy the most?
Most importantly, what kind of music do you think of when you think about your big day?
Do you prefer live instrumental music, or would you rather have a singer?
You should book your wedding band or DJ about the same time you reserve your wedding reception venue. Why? Because your reception music will greatly depend on your wedding reception venue. If you want to have live music for your wedding, you need to make sure it is allowed by the reception venue. You need to make sure you understand the venue's rules about music before you select your wedding reception venue.
If you elect to go with a wedding band, be sure to book early. Popular bands are often booked more than one year in advance. Saturdays are especially busy for wedding bands, so you might need to book even more than one year in advance.
Before you book your wedding music provider, you should ask the following questions:
How long have they been in the wedding business? You should go with an experienced band or DJ. Experience will usually yield a better quality performance.
Do they have any references? (You should always check references.) If the band is unable to provide references, you should walk.
Can they play the songs you want to hear? The more songs they can play the better. Bands usually have song lists of all the songs they can play.
Do they have a demo CD, so you can sample their music? Is it possible for you to see one of their performances? There is no substitute for seeing a band in action.
Can you communicate with the band, and do you feel comfortable interacting with them? Are they listening to you; are they enthusiastic? Remember, the band is there to make your party fun, not the other way around. You hire them to play the music you like not the music they like.
How long do they normally play, and how often do they break and for how long?
Are they insured? You should demand at least liability insurance from the wedding band or DJ.
The answers to the above questions should all be part of the written contract, which is an absolute must. You should also include the exact time the band starts and ends playing.
If you have to work with a smaller budget, you might want to book a DJ instead of a wedding band since they are less expensive than wedding bands. An experienced DJ can create a great atmosphere for your wedding reception; so don't be disappointed if you can't afford a wedding band.
Remember to have fun; after all you are planning the most important and joyous day of your life!
The author of this article has expertise in wedding favors. The articles on personalized wedding favors reveals the author's knowledge on the same. The author has written many articles on Shower favors as well.
Family Articles1. How To Choose The Right Adoption Agency
Author: Marc Deschamps
2. Mobile Dog Grooming Sandton Can Be Very Beneficial For Your Dog’s Health!
3. Show Your Love By Gifting The Best Gift They Deserve
Author: eAlpha Shopping
4. Mobile Dog Grooming Midrand Brings Maximum Convenience For The Pet Owners!
5. Mobile Dog Grooming Randburg Helps Pets To Stay Healthy And Happy On A Long Run!
6. Live The High Life With Loft Living
Author: Harp Kaur
7. When To Hire Ca Live-in Care Agency?
Author: Gabriel Fulton
8. Avail 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Services To Lead A Quality Lifestyle At The Elderly Age
9. Professional Dog Groomers Are Going To Arrive With The Mobile Grooming Parlour!
Author: Michelle Smith
10. The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Offers Best Services To Take Care Of Your Elders
11. The Online Project Management Tools Can Help The Project Manager In Successfully Handling The Projec
12. What' Do We Need To Know About Alzheimer's Disease?
Author: kankei Care
13. Common Skin Problems And Newborn Skin Care Tips
14. Take A Break From Your Responsibilities By Availing Respite Care Sunshine Coast Services
15. Why Do Seniors Injure Themselves More As They Age?
Author: David DuPont