ALL >> Business >> View Article
Designating Tree Root Domains
Total Articles: 256
Once you've determined the number of trees in each forest for your MCSA required exams organization, you should determine which domain will serve as the tree root domain for each tree. The tree root domain is the highest-level domain in the tree; child and grandchild domains are arranged under it. Typically, the domain you select should be the one that is most critical to the operation of the tree. A tree root domain can also be the forest root domain, as shown in Figure 4-6.
When creating additional trees, you use the Active Directory Installation Wizard. To create an additional tree, complete the following steps:
1.Restart your computer and log on as Administrator.
2.Click Start and then click Run. In the Run dialog box, type dcpromo in the Run box and click OK.
3.On the Welcome To The Active Directory Installation Wizard page, click Next.
4.On the Operating System Compatibility page, click Next.
On the New Domain Tree page, shown previously in how to get MCSA for free, type the complete DNS name of the new tree root domain in the Full DNS Name For New Domain box, and then click Next.
A restore operation performed on an Active Directory domain controller in which the objects in the restored directory are not treated as authoritative. The restored objects are updated with changes held on other domain controllers in the domain.
UPN suffix The part of the UPN to the right of the @ character. The default UPN suffix for a user account is the DNS domain name of the domain that contains the user account. The UPN suffix is only used within the Active Directory forest, and it is not required to be a valid DNS name.
Forest functional level provides a way to enable forest-wide Active Directory features within your network environment. Three forest functional levels are available: Windows 2000 (default), Windows Server 2003 interim, and Windows Server 2003.
Alternative UPN suffixes simplify administration and user logon processes by providing a single UPN suffix for all users. Using alternative domain names as the UPN suffix can provide additional logon security and simplify the names used to log on to another domain in the forest.
You use the Backup Or Restore Wizard to back up Active Directory. To back up Active Directory data, you must specify that you want to back up only system state data. You can only back up the system state data on a local computer. You cannot back up the system state data on a remote computer.
You restore Active Directory data by performing a nonauthoritative restore (default) or an authoritative restore. You must start your
free practice exam questions in directory services restore mode to initiate a restore.
Business Articles1. Are You Looking For Instant Setup Of Hushmail Account On Iphone?
2. Industrial Portable Fans Are Designed To Keep The Work Place Safe!
Author: Mark Pingler
3. Business Coaching As A Valuable Asset For You And Your Business
Author: Ian Marsh
4. How To Make Gst Tax Invoice? Which Gst Software One Should Use?
Author: Sagar Gore
5. Easy Guide To Get The Best Custom Optical Filters
Author: Lee wood
6. Movers Services In Dubai, Movers And Packers Company In Dubai, Moving And Shifting Company In Dubai
7. Web Design And Seo Service Company
8. Fast & Reliable Onsite Computer Services
9. Coated Fabrics Market Size To Grow Over $22.57 Billion By 2020
Author: Gomez R
10. Carpet Cleaning And Upholstery Cleaning
11. Carpet Cleaning Services In Sherman Oaks
12. Cheap Carpet Steam Cleaning
13. The Provision Of These Loans Empowers You To Take Out Quick Cash
Author: Jack martin
14. Bearings Market Size Projected To Grow Over $110 Million By 2024
Author: Gomez R
15. Free Classifieds India