ALL >> Business >> View Article
Installing Active Directory Using The Configure Your Server Wizard
Total Articles: 256
The Configure Your Server Wizard provides a Microsoft exam 70-291 central location for you to install many services, including Active Directory, on a computer running Windows Server 2003. The Configure Your Server Wizard is available from the Manage Your Server screen, which opens automatically the first time you log on to a server by using administrative permissions. You can use the Configure Your Server Wizard to install Active Directory only if the computer is the first server on the network and has not yet been configured. Otherwise, if you attempt to use the Configure Your Server Wizard to install additional domain controllers on the network, the wizard simply accesses the Active Directory Installation Wizard to perform the actual installation.
If the computer is the first server on the network and has not yet been configured, the Configure Your Server Wizard provides the Configuration Options page to promote the server to a domain controller and install Active Directory. The Configuration Options page configures your server in the following ways:
Promotes the computer to domain controller.
Creates a full domain name for your network.
Assigns a static IP address.
Assigns a subnet mask, if none has been configured on this free 70-291 test questions server. By default, the Configure Your Server Wizard assigns a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.
Assigns a preferred DNS server, if none has been configured on this server. By default, the Configure Your Server Wizard assigns a preferred DNS server with the same IP address as the one specified for this server.
Assigns a DNS forwarder that you specify. Configures and activates a DHCP scope. Authorizes a DHCP server in Active Directory.
Sets up an application-naming context on the domain controller in Active Directory for use by TAPI client applications.
Unlike the Active Directory Installation Wizard, the Configure Your Server Wizard does not allow you to set the Active Directory database and log folder location or set the shared system volume folder location. It also does not allow you to select a Directory Services Restore Mode Administrator Password.
If the Configuration Options page is not available and you attempt to use the Configure Your Server Wizard to install Active Directory, the wizard simply starts the Active Directory Installation Wizard. Refer to the "Installing Active Directory Using the Active Directory Installa-tion Wizard" section earlier in this chapter for details.
If the Configuration Options page is available, the Configure Your Server Wizard free Microsoft exam questions presents a set of pages, on which you must input:
IP address of a forwarder, if desired
Business Articles1. Tiles Style Guide For Your Home Interior Décor!
Author: Ruchir Jethva
2. What Are Gst’s Seven Deadly Defects?
Author: Mohit Yadev
3. The Asean (association Of Southeast Asian Nations) Automotive Composites Market Is Expected To Grow
Author: Lucintel LLC
4. The Expanding Scope And Sphere Of Artificial Intelligence
Author: Avaali Solutions
5. Best Performance Based Software Development Company
6. Tips To Choose A Interior Designers For Home
Author: Anny winslet
7. 5 Tips To Find A Notable Insurance Accident Repair Centre!
Author: Rob Porter
8. How Can You Set Your Mark In The World Of Construction Using Online Business Directories?
Author: John Smith
9. Buy Cheap Assignment Online
10. Vilnius Activities & Tours
11. An Introduction To Thermal Spray
Author: Ross Barkely
12. How To Find The Best Towbar Accessories Suppliers In Australia
Author: Charles Manfredi
13. How To Gain Good Profit On Comex Signals By Gold Crude Research
Author: Gold Crude Research
14. Uk's Largest Canopies And Walkways Supplier
15. Residential Pest Control - How You Can Prevent Insect Problems
Author: Michael Gray