ALL >> Health >> View Article
Raised Cholesterol And Life Insurance
Total Articles: 42
When you go to set up a life insurance policy, the insurance will require that you complete an application form. This will ask for details about your health, pastimes, family medical history etc, and based on this, the insurer will finilise the cost of your life insurance.
Often premiums will increase from the â€œstandardâ€ rates (this is called a life insurance premium â€œloadingâ€). This increase can occur for many reasons - for example a dangerous hobby like mountaineering can lead to an increase. Also a person's health can have a major effect on the cost of life insurance.
We'll look at one common issue that can lead to an increased life insurance premium - high cholesterol, and what you can do to minimize this.
The first step is to make sure that the life insurer can put the raised cholesterol into context by seeing that you are healthy in other ways. For example if your weight and blood pressure are good it can help to emphasize these on your application. This will make sure the insurer understands that some of the issues that can worsen their assessment of high cholesterol are not present for you.
Also, if your control of your cholesterol is good, it's important to make sure that the life insurance company understands this. The life insurer will be interested in how good your past readings have been, so including detail about these will help your case.
Once the health insurance nz cover has been set up, it's important to have the premium reviewed if you have an improvement in your situation. For example if, at the time you set up your life insurance, your cholesterol control is poor but this improves over time, make sure you tell the insurer. This kind of development can lead to a reduced cost. In the same way, if you had another issue (for example high blood pressure or were overweight) and there are improvements in these, tell the insurer too. Improvements in factors like this can result in a real reduction in the cost of your life insurance.
Health Articles1. Sensory Integration|best Pediatric Physiotherapists In Hulimavu,bangalore
Author: Sumitha Hemavathy
2. Everything About Vitamin B12
Author: DR. Sarika Nair
3. Modafinil Tablets Boost Executive Functions
Author: Lewis Paul
4. The Significance Of Dental Care To Your Overall Health
Author: Donnell Nash
5. Can Counselling Get You Out Of A Bad Relationship?
Author: Richard Gosling
6. 6 Herbal Extracts That Treat Daily Health Concerns Naturally
Author: Quantum Naturals
7. Tips For Ivf Success By Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour
8. Pros And Cons Of Plastic Surgery
Author: Kelly Sanchez
9. How To Know The Effect Of The Invisalign Treatment?
Author: Joseph Donald
10. Heart: Care For It And Live Longer
11. How To Find The Perfect Orthodontist In Lafayette?
Author: Thomas Mark
12. Chose The Best In Orthopedic
Author: Sandeep Tomar
13. How Effective Are The Lung Test Devices And How Can It Keep You Healthy?
Author: Natasha Adhikary
14. The Best Cardiologists In India: Dr Naresh Trehan & Dr Ashok Seth
Author: Medical Services of India
15. Why You Should Go For Fermenting Foods And Vegetables
Author: Kriben Govender