ALL >> Entertainment >> View Article
3d Tv : The Future Of Home Entertainment
Total Articles: 45
With the onset of James Cameroon's Avatar and similar 3D films, television manufacturing giants have felt the urgency of shifting 3D viewing from movie theatres into living rooms.
There are many ways of providing 3D moving pictures. The basic requirement which needs to be catered is to offset images which can be separately filtered to the right and left eyes. Either one can wear glasses to offset separate images to each eye or can split light source. The basic technology of 3D viewing still remains the stereoscopic projection. There are television sets which uses lens which sends different images to each eye can thus create the depth perception of 3D. One no longer needs to sit with those glasses that audience in theatre used. However there is a major drawback of lenticular viewing as the viewers need to sit in the specific positions and only through specific viewing angles that the view can be proper. Use of both, Polaroid screens and active shutter glasses are prevalent, while the latter employs high refresh rate with alternating right and left images to get synchronized to the eyes.
The lust for 3D TVs are spreading wide but the change over period will be long. It was at the CES in Las Vegas that Sony, Panasonic and other companies displayed 3D TVs in front of the world audience and since them the craze followed. The attempt to popularize 3D TV is genuine as current predictions estimate a rocket high market in the next decade.
The manufacturers are going to make 3D compatible with 2D viewing. The use of shutter glass with higher refresh rate really makes 3D viewing worth. Also the Philips is developing the technology of auto stereoscopy (no glasses required) which will hit the market by 2011.
With the broadcast of more 3D channels and networks trying to broadcast games like FIFA and others in 3D, the recent years will be really exhilarating and it is an inevitable truth that everyone to opt for 3D viewing, given the beauty and innovation that this technology has brought with it. Alas! Like the black and white TV which is in the burial grounds, present generation TVs are expected to join it shortly as it will be just the empire of 3D TV magic.
Author's bio: Antonio Bristow is an avid 3D technology fan. He writes about 3D television, 3D games and 3D camera basically everything related to 3D revolution. For more details, visit http://bestprice3d.com/news/tv.html
Entertainment Articles1. Benefits Of Online Chatting
Author: Meggie Mills
2. Know About The Best Applications Of Smart Mini Projector
Author: Eugene Olechnovic
3. Mature Dating In Uk Is Gaining Popularity
Author: Touy Boy
4. Invitation Cards Design For Wedding & Birthday In Hyderabad.
5. Five Tips On Building A Corporate Promotional Video
6. Why It Is A Prefect Time To Get Attached With The Canadian Film Industry
Author: Liam Grant
7. Get Introduced To The Benefits Of Learning At The Top Salsa Wohlen Institute
Author: Salsa People
8. Planning An Amazing Bachelorette Party
Author: Ashley Jennifer
9. 10 Things You Need To Know About Led Tv
Author: Divya Sharma
10. Ultra Defender Replacement Filter Cartridge (bb20)
Author: Ultra Defender Replacement Filter Cartridge (BB20)
11. Chokhi Dhani Rajasthani Wedding Resort In Pune
Author: Shehraz Khan
12. Best Europe Holidays Tour Plan's
13. How To Keep Busy When You’re Single
Author: Edmund Brunetti
14. How To Make Slime Step By Step - Different Methods Of Slime Making Videos
Author: Jainit Shah
15. Getting About With The Silliest Bachelorette Party Ever!
Author: Ashley Jennifer