ALL >> Business >> View Article
How Preteens Experience Information-seeking?
Total Articles: 256
Key themes running across Chatman's body of work include social types, social norms, and worldview. We hypothesized that the small worlds concept together with the theory of normative behavior would best fit or help in Juicy Couture Necklaces our understanding of the everyday information lives of tweens. Our working expectation was that the tweens occupied or lived in small worlds in which information-seeking was essentially viewed as a healthy activity by its members the tweens, their families, peers, teachers, and others.
The general principles of information-seeking described by Harris and Dewdney  and Case  were particularly useful for designing the data collection instruments and data analysis, albeit with the caveat that they were largely drawn from research on adult populations. In Barriers to Information [42, pp. 20-27], Harris and Dewdney integrated previous research to develop six general principles of information-seeking behavior. They interpreted these generalizations to apply to "ordinary" people, of which we would include tweens. The principles are these:
1. Information needs arise from the help-seeker's situation.
2. The decision to seek help or not seek help is affected by many factors.
3. People tend to seek information that is most accessible.
4. People tend to first seek help or information from interpersonal
sources, especially from people like themselves.
5. Information-seekers expect emotional support.
6. People follow habitual patterns in seeking information.
We integrated these principles with the "lessons" derived from Case  in his extensive survey of Juicy Couture Jewellery information needs, seeking, and use research. Thus, an aim of the current study was to learn whether the principles we draw from the research of adult information behavior were relevant to the tween population.
Recognizing that information-seeking is a complex phenomenon involving interplay of personal and contextual variables, the researchers developed the following research questions (RQs) to guide the study: RQ 1: What types of everyday information do tweens perceive them selves as needing? RQ 2: How do tweens seek everyday information? RQ 3: What barriers do tweens encounter in seeking and using information? RQ 4: How do tweens manage their accumulated everyday information. RQ 5: What criteria do tweens use in assessing and sharing information and information sources? RQ 6: What roles are played by different social types regarding information flow. RQ 7: What are the roles of information grounds in tweens' lives. The research questions were wide-ranging and inclusive but consistent with prior research on everyday-life information-seeking and information grounds [41-43]. The researchers sought to gather information that would expand our understanding of how preteens experience information-seeking, including processes, outcomes, and affective dimensions.
Business Articles1. Union Movers And Packers Bangalore Jp Nagar India
2. What You Really Need On Video Projector Hire?
3. Why Hire A Projector For Your Next Event
4. Cheap Projector Hire, Make Your Demonstration Come To Life!
5. Important Things To Consider On Projected Hire
6. Why? Uttrakhand For Film Shootings
Author: AMIT KEDAR SINGH MEHTA
7. What Are The Important Parameters To Consider For Shortlisting Trenchless Contractors?
Author: Jeff Owler
8. Tips For Carpet Cleaning And Tricks From The Experts
Author: Barry’s My Carpet Inc
9. Cooking Differences When Using Propane Gas
Author: Randy Thompson
10. Top 3 Things Ooh Advertising Does For You
Author: Kelly Sanchez
11. Preparing Your Propane Grill For The Winter
Author: Randy Thompson
12. 6 Costly Mistakes That Will Hurt Your Site’s Search Engine Ranking
13. Useful Tips For Choosing Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Liam Well
14. The Importance Of Business Signage For Creating A Solid Identity
Author: Jamie Austin
15. Hassle Free And Quick Motorola Cracked Screen Repair And Replacement Service In Manchester, Uk
Author: Motorola Repairer