ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Data Generation And Analyses
Total Articles: 41
Data in this article mainly come from Orlonia Phillips's life history interview, which took place in March 2007. The literacy-in-persons protocol was used to guide this audiotaped discussion, which took place in the classroom where she works as a paraprofessional and lasted four hours. Using Brandt (2001), Johnson (2007), Key (1998), and Thompson (2000) as guides, the literacy-in-persons life history interview protocol was developed around the following domains: general life Merrell Shoes circumstances, literacy in the home, literacy in school, literacy in community, and church (see Table 1). A follow-up interview was conducted in October 2007 in Orlonia's home. Data used in this article also come from a life history interview that Amy conducted with Orlonia's husband, Meggs Phillips, as well as field notes recorded to document the process of creating P Is for Pinesville.
We began data analysis by reading the interview data to gain a general understanding of Orlonia's life. We read and coded specifically for literacy practices and events that we identified within Orlonia's recollections. We created a table in which we plotted out literacy practices, events, and texts (see Table 2). For analytic purposes, we defined texts as objects and interactions from which individuals derive meaning. This table not only helped in data reduction but also helped to organize conceptually Orlonia's literacy-in-persons.
Conceptual organization helped reduce data further, identifying repertoires of literate practice (Rubinstein-Avila, 2007) that Orlonia engaged in throughout her life: everyday or quotidian literacies, space literacies, place literacies, critical literacies, gender literacies, health literacies, and church literacies. Studying such repertoires can highlight how adults' and adolescents' literacies are located within frames of history and biographyâ€”or how the residue from past experiences informs one's literacy-in-persons. In the following sections, we discuss three repertoires of literacy Merrell Boots practices as they are situated within biographical and historical frames: quotidian literacies, space literacies, and critical literacies. We focus on the quotidian, space, and critical literacy repertoires because in our repeated readings of the data, they played the most prominent role in delineating Orlonia's literacy-in-persons.
Computers Articles1. How To Troubleshoot Bugcode_usb_driver Blue Screen Error In Windows 10?
Author: Edward Lewis
2. What Makes Facebook Messenger A Useful Travel App
Author: Edwar Lewis
3. Guide To Enable Fall Detection Feature In Apple Watch Series 4
Author: john martin
4. How To Customize The Ribbons In Microsoft Office 365?
Author: Bailey Martin
5. Canon Helps Desk – To Fix Synchronization Issue With Your Wireless Printer & Phone
Author: wiliam smith
6. 3d Printer Manufacturer India
7. A Guide To Browser Hijacking
Author: august sin
8. Disable Windows 10 From Preloading Microsoft Edge On Startup
Author: Maria Williams
9. How To Locate Your Apple Device Using Homepod
Author: Aida Martin
10. Buy Windows Pro Product Key At An Early Expense From Retailer Shop
11. Activating Multilingual Text Prediction In Windows 10
Author: Devin smith
12. Privacy Concerns Regarding Ridesharing Apps
13. Resolve Your Computer &laptop Problems With Our Best Services
Author: Advanced Business Systems
14. Yahoo Customer Service Number
Author: Support Email AOL
15. Preserving Your Data To Save Your Future, Is A New Emerging Business Model
Author: Edward D Lemos